• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt85

Passed all mine for Crewe nearly 14 months ago including DMI. Got called back in a couple of months ago and things seemed to be getting moving then this crap hit and now it feels like I’m back at square one!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jordan ruck

Has anyone who applied for Reading received a Driver Manager interview? I passed my tests / MMI back in Jan, but haven't heard anything since.

Aware things are on hold now, but they've been very silent...
I passed everything including DMI and MMI in February 2019 for Reading depot and have only had a couple of phone calls back since wondering if I’m still interested in waiting in the pool. Obviously I am, but they have no idea when the training course will be set for me to jump on. Sorry to say it but I do think it’s a long waiting game ahead especially with Covid prolonging things.

Jordan ruck

Has anyone recently heard anything from Frieghtliner regarding start dates for training? Been sitting in the pool now for one year and six months and still no sign of hearing anything from them at all. Does anyone know how long my pass results will last for in order to apply for a different company without having to sit the exams again?

Stigy

Established Member
Has anyone recently heard anything from Frieghtliner regarding start dates for training? Been sitting in the pool now for one year and six months and still no sign of hearing anything from them at all. Does anyone know how long my pass results will last for in order to apply for a different company without having to sit the exams again?
The psychometric results last for between 1 and 5 years depending on who you apply to. Freightliner allow the maximum 5 years. I’ve never seen a TOC or FOC only allow them for 1 year, but I guess there’s some out there? It’s mainly 3 or 5 years though from my experience. Freightliner use the enhanced testing too, so you can apply to companies who use this method and should go straight to DMI stage. For info, GWR and DB cargo is 5 years, and SWR is 3 years.

It’s debatable whether having the psychometric tests under your belt helps to pass papersifts, but in my experience it definitely does. Apply to whoever is recruiting and don’t give up. Good luck!

Newby

Also been in a Pool for a long time. They are now advertising on Twitter again for the same Depot. Crazy!

Attachments

• 94794EA2-6038-4BD2-BD7C-88A8D9E638A1.png
    94794EA2-6038-4BD2-BD7C-88A8D9E638A1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 101

Chingy

As I understand it, Freightliner are starting classroom training up again this month. Handling is still on hold however, and likely to be so for a while longer yet.

Stigy

Established Member
Also been in a Pool for a long time. They are now advertising on Twitter again for the same Depot. Crazy!
They’ve advertised a few times over the years when they must still have hundreds sitting in pools. Always struck me as strange.

So, with a frequently updated careers page, why have Freightliner opted to issue this via Twitter? Folk who do not use that platform, and only check their careers page, may never see that advert.

Stigy

Established Member
So, with a frequently updated careers page, why have Freightliner opted to issue this via Twitter? Folk who do not use that platform, and only check their careers page, may never see that advert.
It’ll be on their careers page too I presume? They’re just using social media because that’s one of the best and most commonly used platforms to get their message accross.

MA8141

It’ll be on their careers page too I presume? They’re just using social media because that’s one of the best and most commonly used platforms to get their message accross.
I was a touch baffled to not find it on their careers page. Not that I’ll be applying but I like to keep my eye on what’s happening elsewhere ! I even sorted by all careers but it seems you must apply via that external link with the code provided...strange !

Stigy

Established Member
Looking at it closer, it’s an Apprenticeship now, which I don’t believe it was before? Maybe that’s why they have been readvertising?

4F89

Looking at it closer, it’s an Apprenticeship now, which I don’t believe it was before? Maybe that’s why they have been readvertising?
It has always been an apprenticeship for this whole intake mate.

hiredgun

As I understand it, Freightliner are starting classroom training up again this month. Handling is still on hold however, and likely to be so for a while longer yet.

If that is for the new starters it leaves things tight for medicals and notice at current jobs??

I wonder how many, that were due to start on the May induction, are still awaiting medical exams...I suspect there must be a backlog of current rail staff to get through first??

Tommy89

I received my job offer, contract and T&C's last week for the new date of 10th August. I was one of the guys that should have started my training back in May but due to Covid it was postponed. My notice has been handed in at my current employer and I can't wait to get started.

deepblue82

I received my job offer, contract and T&C's last week for the new date of 10th August. I was one of the guys that should have started my training back in May but due to Covid it was postponed. My notice has been handed in at my current employer and I can't wait to get started.

Great news Tommy. I passed all my OPC bits in January like many others (applied for Eastleigh) but have heard nothing since (after COVID I didn't expect to), will sit tight and keep looking elsewhere. Really hope it goes well for you!

PickleTree

Great news Tommy. I passed all my OPC bits in January like many others (applied for Eastleigh) but have heard nothing since (after COVID I didn't expect to), will sit tight and keep looking elsewhere. Really hope it goes well for you!
Same here @deepblue82 also for Eastleigh. Also waiting on DMI date for SWR Bournemouth vacancy, I heard from them a couple of weeks ago to say they would be in touch. Hoping one of these works out.

deepblue82

Same here @deepblue82 also for Eastleigh. Also waiting on DMI date for SWR Bournemouth vacancy, I heard from them a couple of weeks ago to say they would be in touch. Hoping one of these works out.

I live in Bournemouth but wasn't quick enough to get that application in hope it moves for you soon.

bb84

Congratulation @Tommy89, I was supposed to start in May as well but unfortunately I m still waiting.
Can I ask what were the requirements for the employer reference?

SpitfireAle

Hi Everyone. I have been in the pool now since December 2018, was told I wouldn't be waiting long....... Got offered a potential start in Crewe in January this year only to have it retracted a day later as they emailed the wrong person. I have pretty much given up hope entirely now, when I last emailed freightliner they basically said "you are free to look elsewhere", not that I haven't already been doing, to no avail.

Do you think all hope is lost? Obviously I'm still in the pool, but after waiting so long already it just feels like it really is not going to happen for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.