• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

luvash

Had a call today from FL for a DMI on November 20th. I know this question has been asked over and over again, but does anyone have any info as what to expect at the interview, specifically for FL? Any advice is very much appreciated! :)

Coach Carter

Had a call today from FL for a DMI on November 20th. I know this question has been asked over and over again, but does anyone have any info as what to expect at the interview, specifically for FL? Any advice is very much appreciated! :)
What you know about the company. Why you think you would be suitable for the training. If you saw somebody breaking rules/procedures what would you do.
I can’t remember any others sorry, was 2 years ago now.
Best of luck mate

luvash

What you know about the company. Why you think you would be suitable for the training. If you saw somebody breaking rules/procedures what would you do.
I can’t remember any others sorry, was 2 years ago now.
Best of luck mate
Thanks mate! Fingers crossed

Matt85

It’s pretty much a standard job interview. Just do some research into the company and locos and you’ll be fine!

deepblue82

I got the call the other day. Interview in a couple of weeks. Is there a thread with more guidance about the interview and how to prepare?

Would be interested to know which depots those receiving calls for DMIs applied for?

As regards preparation all I have read and understand is that these are much more like a normal job interview. So do what you’d do for a normal interview. Research the company really well and feel able to convey why you want to work for Freightliner rather than simply because you want to be a train driver. Research the role again and be ready with relevant experience from you last that can convey why you are suitable for the job.

luvash

Would be interested to know which depots those receiving calls for DMIs applied for?

As regards preparation all I have read and understand is that these are much more like a normal job interview. So do what you’d do for a normal interview. Research the company really well and feel able to convey why you want to work for Freightliner rather than simply because you want to be a train driver. Research the role again and be ready with relevant experience from you last that can convey why you are suitable for the job.
Tilbury

Tiz

I hope this lockdown doesn't effect job interviews!!!

Jason.bourne

How many locations have been invited to interviews?

From this thread it seems only peak forest and tilbury.
If the positions are in demand surely they will proceed, if not via zoom!

PickleTree

How many locations have been invited to interviews?

From this thread it seems only peak forest and tilbury.
If the positions are in demand surely they will proceed, if not via zoom!
From memory these were the locations that had interviews booked in the winter but were cancelled due to snow before COVID was even a thing.

I am waiting for Eastleigh but haven’t heard anything since receiving the email to ask if I would still want to proceed with my application.

luvash

Yes, I got the confirmation just a couple of hours after the phone call? Or do you mean since the new lockdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.