• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PickleTree

Has anyone not had a reply from Sophia???
She is out of the office until Monday next week. I was told during my DMI on Tuesday to be patient. On the plus side they definitely have 4 courses planned for 2021, the first starting on January 25th which is already full. In the South the demand is huge due to the Mendip rail contract.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

3436mill

She is out of the office until Monday next week. I was told during my DMI on Tuesday to be patient. On the plus side they definitely have 4 courses planned for 2021, the first starting on January 25th which is already full. In the South the demand is huge due to the Mendip rail contract.
I had an interview on the 19th November was just wondering cause I’ve not heard I haven’t got it.

PlexiDriver

I got the email asking if I'd be up for another interview. Do you reckon they are all done with those for now?

PickleTree

I got the email asking if I'd be up for another interview. Do you reckon they are all done with those for now?
Difficult to say mate. I hadn’t heard anything until last week when on the Friday I got an email inviting me to interview on Tuesday just gone. The guy that interviewed me said on a number of occasions how much they needed an influx of new drivers as they haven’t had any start this year due to COVID and drivers are still retiring etc. Might be worth emailing them for an update.

TheNewGuy

I got the same email back in September. Said that I'd already done ne one in jan 2019 but yes I would do another one if required. Then I heard nothing, so with all these recent interviews going on in December, I called HR last week to see if I'd been missed off and was told there's a few of us who need another DMI as it's been so long since the last one. She said we'd be contacted shortly. Guess that could be the new year now though

3436mill

Had the reply saying i interviewed well but there were more candidates suited to the role. In my eyes why take me to the interview stage then

hiredgun

Had the reply saying i interviewed well but there were more candidates suited to the role. In my eyes why take me to the interview stage then
Sorry to hear that.
Feel with the tier 4 that training will be disrupted anyway. Maybe the ‘tables will be cleared’ and they’ll start fresh again, the fact you got to interview might give you the edge next time??

3436mill

Sorry to hear that.
Feel with the tier 4 that training will be disrupted anyway. Maybe the ‘tables will be cleared’ and they’ll start fresh again, the fact you got to interview might give you the edge next time??
Would like to hope so but there feedback was interviewed well but other people suited the role better

hiredgun

;););)Those people may be on a course, at another TOC/FOC or lost interest when you go again, leaving you in the top 5 candidates?

PickleTree

Nope, not a sausage. I’m getting a sinking feeling given the new lockdown. Hope I’m wrong and there’s contact soon!
My understanding given the information I was provided during my DMI is that there was a planned group due to start on the 25th January that was already filled. They were working through how they could make the classroom training work in a COVID secure way as all training they did last year was done online. My interviewer told me on a number of occasions how short of drivers they were as they werent able to recruit any newbies last year. He just asked that I was patient to learn what the next steps would be.

luvash

Yeah I imagine the lockdown has definitely not helped our situation. Don't we need to get dates for our medicals first before any courses can be allocated? Oh well, patience is key I guess!

Dr. Pepper

I heard I had passed the interview and got the job in the first week of December, I was told about the four courses and that I would hear with plenty of time to spare. I asked about the medical and when I might hear and I was told I'd get the dates before Christmas but nothing materialised as yet.

Network2020

Where are you all waiting for?
I heard I had passed the interview and got the job in the first week of December, I was told about the four courses and that I would hear with plenty of time to spare. I asked about the medical and when I might hear and I was told I'd get the dates before Christmas but nothing materialised as yet.
I was told the same mate. I have also heard nothing from them as of yet. I think is all we can do is hope that this new lockdown hasn’t affected any of the course dates and cross our fingers and hope to hear something soon.

TheNewGuy

Are we back to hearing nothing and no time scales to when things will start moving again?

Coach Carter

I did everything with freightliner in 2018 and was put in the pool. I got a phone call today asking me to go to interview again in a few weeks time. I’ve have said to withdraw my application on 2 previous occasions that I was called about re interviewing as I’ve been in a drivers job for 16 months now.
So on the plus side for those people hoping to hear back they are definitely still moving things along. On the down side there perhaps moving the wrong things.

Status
Not open for further replies.