• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PickleTree

Cara offered me a place on the November course (Trainee). Shocked!
I know they are very busy on boarding trainees at the moment. There is an August group, October group (which I am on) and Cara mentioned the November group to me too the other day when she was explaining how busy they were with new groups.

Newby

Can no longer access the company info pages on ASLEF site. Anyone know the current HH salary once qualified? Also, rough time to reach qualified status? Thanks

Newby

Took me just shy of a year, but depends on availability of instructors etc
Thanks. What was the outcome of the RPS discussions? There were suggestions of new starters needing to complete 3 years before entry to the RPS scheme

4F89

Thanks. What was the outcome of the RPS discussions? There were suggestions of new starters needing to complete 3 years before entry to the RPS scheme
I believe so, but I didn't pay too much attention as I was in before it changed tbh.

djack123son

Hello! Got my call.. intermodal driver out of Eastleigh.. was 6th on waiting list prior to this..

Weeks 1-11 21939
Weeks 12-49 28208
Week 50+ 51765 with pay being negotiated end of this year

suggestion was that training will take place in Tilbury (most likely) or Crewe.

PickleTree

The October group is being trained in Birmingham, I know that there are at least 4 other people along with me that are going to Eastleigh IM in that group. @djack123son looks like you will be joining us just a month later if you are in the November group?

djack123son

The October group is being trained in Birmingham, I know that there are at least 4 other people along with me that are going to Eastleigh IM in that group. @djack123son looks like you will be joining us just a month later if you are in the November group?
Looks like it.. i had to turn down Southampton with an august start date as we have a newborn early September., so pleased I didn’t have to wait that long!

Bonzo

Good news all round, congratulations. I'm answering every spam call and unidentified number but still no joy!

Stigy

Established Member
Great news to see this starting to move again! Congrats to all those with start dates. It was pretty much 3 years to the day I first applied to Freightliner, and I’m back in the same holiday home I was in at the time.

Ziege

Good news on all the start dates
Just wondering, people getting the calls....have you already had the medical and reference checks, or is that next?

UTC123

There was a meeting of the trustees on July 22nd as to whether new members could join the RPS. If they agree the changes the earliest they could be implemented is September 1st.

Jamiey100

Good news on all the start dates
Just wondering, people getting the calls....have you already had the medical and reference checks, or is that next?
I’ve just booked in my right to work check and have given availability for the medical.

PickleTree

Thanks. I was just wondering at what stage you hand in your notice.
I have had my medical, completed my right to work and sent by my signed contract and still haven't handed in my notice as I want to leave it as long as I can. FL HR advised me that 6 weeks prior to start date was enough time for them as long as the important parts such as the DBS check, medical etc was done, references could be the last thing they did.

djack123son

164 pages is a lot of browsing., anyone that’s recently started/been through the process., can you briefly explain accommodation and travel the the training please?

Training in Tilbury, Home Depot is Eastleigh.

I emailed and got a reply stating “the scheme will run out of reading with vehicles being arranged to go home at weekends”, is this to Home Depot or my house??

PickleTree

164 pages is a lot of browsing., anyone that’s recently started/been through the process., can you briefly explain accommodation and travel the the training please?

Training in Tilbury, Home Depot is Eastleigh.

I emailed and got a reply stating “the scheme will run out of reading with vehicles being arranged to go home at weekends”, is this to Home Depot or my house??
I start in two weeks. My training is in Birmingham and I will be based at Eastleigh too. HR advised that a hire car will be provided to get me to and from the training. The car being delivered to my house each Sunday and being picked up from here too.

The reply you got would appear your training is being held in Reading and a car will be provided to get you to and from the same as my course.

Yes sorry that’s my fault for not reading it correctly. Then I couldn’t work out how to delete the reply :lol: what date do you start in November, we might be on same course.

UTC123

Heard thru the grapevine today there's a course starting Nov 29th in Westbury for a mixture of depots.

Status
Not open for further replies.