• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazykeef79

I’m in the process of applying for a trainee shunter driver, can anyone shed some light on what the wages are?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Juliet Barvo

I would never use my own name. This site is also read by your prospective managers. I know of Trainees sacked for what they have said on discussion forums such as this.

ninhog

I would never use my own name. This site is also read by your prospective managers. I know of Trainees sacked for what they have said on discussion forums such as this.
Nobody is going to suffer detriment for simply asking what the wages are for an advertised job.

If somebody is stupid enough to use their real name and slag off their employer then that’s an entirely different kettle of fish, even though it would be impossible for an employer to prove that the named person is who they claim to be.

Rockhopper

First thing I do when we get people applying for jobs at work is to google their name. It’s amazing what turns up sometimes.

C J Snarzell

Established Member
I would never use my real name on forums or social media accounts. There are of course members who do chose to use their own name but that's there call. That said, I never use or abuse these sites so nothing would come back anyway.

Keith has simply asked a genuine question about a job which is the whole purpose of this site. I don't think anyone should be having a go at him for using his own name if that is the case.

C J

C J Snarzell

Established Member
To answer the original question, from my own knowledge of shunter drivers - they don't take home as much as a mainline driver but like Jimathy has stated you would probably be looking at around 30k - 36k depending on the TOC.

C J

LimaLlama

It's £28,000 something on training, then £36,000-ish when qualified. That's what last lot of intakes are on anyway.

Crazykeef79

Thank you for all your responses, please don’t worry about thinking people having a go at me. After 22 years in the RAF I’m quite thick skinned.

I’m not the type of person who would disrespect an employer on a forum, especially when I want a job from them.

Mgv1349

Thank you for all your responses, please don’t worry about thinking people having a go at me. After 22 years in the RAF I’m quite thick skinned.

I’m not the type of person who would disrespect an employer on a forum, especially when I want a job from them.
Good luck with your application, this forum will help loads!

Status
Not open for further replies.