• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

French Policewoman wonders around Waterloo with a GUN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I read this in the Evening Standard Lite today, the following from TheSun.co.uk
FRENCH police today apologised after one of their armed officers entered a shop at London Waterloo station with a gun.

The officer was making a purchase at the WH Smith outlet when she was spotted with the pistol strapped to her waist.

The policewoman is understood to be part of a French immigration team at the south London station's Eurostar internation terminal.

The French officers are allowed to carry firearms, but only in certain areas.

A Home Office spokesman said today: "We understand that one of the French national police officers based at Waterloo International inadvertently went to buy a newspaper at the station while still wearing a firearm.

"This is in contravention of the agreement we have with the French. We understand that the officer has since returned to France and the matter is being dealt with by the French police authorities at a senior level.

"The French have apologised for the incident. In an agreement with the
French, weapons may be carried. Since July 2001 a small number of officers from the French national police have been deployed at Waterloo International."

It is understood the officer had been helping a family who had reported their daughter missing. She had spotted the daughter at WH Smith and had walked into the domestic part of the station to get her and reunite her with her parents.

Oops! Surely when the media start taking pictures & a Eurostar security guard starts chasing after you,you'd realise your error and walk back, or, er, go and buy a paper!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ascot

Established Member
SO what she had a gun, it's like saying you gotta leave ya T-key when ya go out of a working area.

Met Driver

Established Member
Ascot said:
SO what she had a gun, it's like saying you gotta leave ya T-key when ya go out of a working area.

Erm, wakey wakey... Gun = lethal weapon capable of killing people. T key = metal object used for opening door panels. Two totally different things, which carry totally different risks!

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Plus not to mention, Guns are illegal with certain exceptions, this woman didn't not only fall foul of the law, but an international agreement.

Ascot

Established Member
International Agreement? I could go on about them been broken in alot more serious cases for years. The smallest one been found and they make the biggest deal.

Sprog

Established Member
Tis abit stupid.

And a fuss over nothing to be hounest.............:roll:

Tom B

Established Member
Yeah... the idea of controls on guns is so they are only used for the limited legitimate police purposes. We don't want the country going the way of America!

TheSlash

Established Member
Seth said:
Erm, wakey wakey... Gun = lethal weapon capable of killing people. T key = metal object used for opening door panels.
Such innocence, i expect poor old Seth thinks bardics are for showing different hand signal aspects ;)
The press should see me and my mates on a booze cruise to France, we break more international agreements in 24 hours than Germany did when it invaded Poland. My best mate has been arrested for terrorism before and still been released to run riot in Cherburg 8-)

Met Driver

Established Member
TheSlash said:
...we break more international agreements in 24 hours than Germany did when it invaded Poland...

and I bet that's before you've even left yer house...! :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.