• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

French stored class 92

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit555

I don't know if I am posting this in the correct place.

Here goes

92021 arrived at Brush Loughborough from store in France today and 92040 is due to follow shortly.

More to be re-activated for GBRF ??

Mark

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

59CosG95

Established Member
I don't know if I am posting this in the correct place.

Here goes

92021 arrived at Brush Loughborough from store in France today and 92040 is due to follow shortly.

More to be re-activated for GBRF ??

Mark
Said 92 was delivered without its bogies, so I think that Brush have put their Christmas Tree up a little bit early. :lol:

Edit: the bogies were delivered on a separate low-loader. 92040 is due back week commencing 3rd December.

Last edited:

TBSchenker

The GBRf 92s aren’t exactly taxed at the moment. Do they have any other booked work other than the sleepers?

ScottDarg

Work the dagenham to garston car trains and china clay trains through the tunnel.

Also some unit moves through the tunnel.

They have been known to take the china clay tanks as far as Carlisle, but that hasn't been happening recently.

The GBRf 92s aren’t exactly taxed at the moment. Do they have any other booked work other than the sleepers?

Their fleet of 92s will be a bit more stretched once the Mk.5s come in. Sleeper work will require 7 92s on a normal night (2x ECS in London and Glasgow, 4x for main runs and 1x for Edinburgh - Carstairs).

It's likely they'll also have 2 at the tunnel and another one on the Dagenham - Garston cars mentioned above. That could see 10 in use at any one time, which is the current fleet size.

I'd assume there'll be at least one or two spare for the Sleeper, which could mean all 12 locos (if you include the returning 92006 and 020) have an assigned duty at once.

Also need to bear in mind that there'll sometimes be one or two out of service for routine exam or other work.

Last edited:

Far north 37

Established Member
Also some unit moves through the tunnel.

They have been known to take the china clay tanks as far as Carlisle, but that hasn't been happening recently.

Their fleet of 92s will be a bit more stretched once the Mk.5s come in. Sleeper work will require 7 92s on a normal night (2x ECS in London and Glasgow, 4x for main runs and 1x for Edinburgh - Carstairs).

It's likely they'll also have 2 at the tunnel and another one of the Dagenham - Garston cars mentioned above. That could see 10 in use at any one time, which is the current fleet size.

I'd assume there'll be at least one or two spare for the Sleeper, which could mean all 12 locos (if you include the returning 92006 and 020) have an assigned duty at once.

Also need to bear in mind that there'll sometimes be one or two out of service for routine exam.or other work.
I think the china clays worked by class 66s from dollands moor regular now but class 92s used to work them to carlisle as you say.

xotGD

Established Member
I think the china clays worked by class 66s from dollands moor regular now but class 92s used to work them to carlisle as you say.
Suggests that they could do with some extra Dysons...

TimboM

Established Member
Apart from the one stationed at the tunnel that maybe does a return tunnel run every other night, there's very rarely an available 92 that's sat around doing nothing. If they're not out working, they're usually on exam or needing a repair/tyre-turning etc. If there was slack in the fleet, GB wouldn't be spending £000s per month hiring two or three Freightliner 90s to cover for the ones in Brush/Crewe ETD at the moment. Nor would they have had to use 66s extensively this year on the Garston/Dagenham cars and the china clays.

Quite often runs via the S&C now for pathing/cost reasons - 92s not too good on that route. 044 was the last 92 to work 6S94 over 8 months ago... https://flic.kr/p/241ovuK

There's already a thread covering the GBRf 92s (including periodic updates of what they're up to) here: https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/caledonian-sleeper-class-92s.131385/page-41

Status
Not open for further replies.