• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Frieghtliner MMI ATAVT SJE

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryMG

Good morning all......

Freightliner assesment day two......

Has anyone done MMI/ATAVT/SJE in the last 6 to 8 weeks? and if so would you mind advising if the same questions for MMI still being asked as per what i can find on the forum for past couple of years?

Regards ATAVT/SJE just a heads up on these regards what to expect would be great.
Many thanks....

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hi GaryMG,

Sorry, I can’t seem to reply to the DM you sent me.

The second assessment has been detailed quite accurately on here already. The MMI is fairly straightforward. You’ll be asked to answer 6 (ish) questions on a form and you’ll then be quizzed on your answers. Standard questions like ‘give an example of when you had to........’

Given that the tests are screen based, they’re damn near impossible to ‘revise’ for. There are some hints on YouTube but they don’t help much.

On all tests you get a practice run before hand. Just try and work quickly and accurately. I found it helped to be relaxed but focussed.

After the tests we were told if we’d passed or not. Those who had passed stayed for the MMI. Those who hadn’t were sent home.

Hope this helps and good luck!

GaryMG

Hi GaryMG,

Sorry, I can’t seem to reply to the DM you sent me.

The second assessment has been detailed quite accurately on here already. The MMI is fairly straightforward. You’ll be asked to answer 6 (ish) questions on a form and you’ll then be quizzed on your answers. Standard questions like ‘give an example of when you had to........’

Given that the tests are screen based, they’re damn near impossible to ‘revise’ for. There are some hints on YouTube but they don’t help much.

On all tests you get a practice run before hand. Just try and work quickly and accurately. I found it helped to be relaxed but focussed.

After the tests we were told if we’d passed or not. Those who had passed stayed for the MMI. Those who hadn’t were sent home.

Hope this helps and good luck!
Cheers.
Appreciate the reply. Thats pretty much what i had established....
All best
Gary

PickleTree

Good afternoon...

I have my stage 2 on monday...
Am ready... How was ATVAT?

To be honest the ATVAT test was hard to call. The picture was on the screen for no longer than 0.5/1 second max. I found myself doubting myself a couple of times but I always stuck with my gut reaction and it paid off.

The MMI was by far the worst part of the day!

GaryMG

To be honest the ATVAT test was hard to call. The picture was on the screen for no longer than 0.5/1 second max. I found myself doubting myself a couple of times but I always stuck with my gut reaction and it paid off.

The MMI was by far the worst part of the day!

Presume its still signs, cars, bikes, people and traffic lights for ATAVT?

GaryMG

Failed the atavt. Passed the other 2. So 6 months to wait until i can retake. Difficult to know what to do for the retake. The advice i got to pause between pictures was great advice. Was calm and positive.
You dont get constructive feedback so hard to know how close i was to passing.

On 2 of the pictures I noted 4 out of 5 of the options and am guessing i picked up some negative scoring hence the fail.

deepblue82

I passed all the tests but certainly found the atavt the hardest, I have no idea why the practice material gives you 2 seconds, it was well under a second on the test.

I have read a lot on these forums that you can't practice for this one, I have to say I practice for 2 weeks or so pretty solidly and was initially only getting 2 or 3 out of 10 by the end 5 or 6 and occasionally up to 8 but I was still convinced I had failed on the day. Personally I believe you can improve with practice but I know many disagree with me.

GaryMG

I downloaded practice software which looked pretty much the same as the actual test and did about 15 mins every day for about two weeks and was scoring around 60 to 80%.
I am of the same train of thought as yourself regards practicing this one.
5 months to wait plus getting through the intial sift again.......
All the best.
Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.