• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

from Fazakerley to Luton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael96

I want to order a flight from Luton on April, 2 at 12:00.

Is there a good chance to get to Luton airport on time from Fazakerley at the same morning?

Let say I should be in Luton for the pre-flight checks at 10:40 and a bus from Euston to Luton is almost an hour, thus the most late time I can arrive to Euston is 9:40 and considering the train from Lime street st. as 4 hours journey it should start at 5:40...

If I understand correctly there is no way I can catch this flight leaving the Fazakerley at the same morning.

Am I right? Any suggestions?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Spamcan81

I want to order a flight from Luton on April, 2 at 12:00.

Is there a good chance to get to Luton airport on time from Fazakerley at the same morning?

Let say I should be in Luton for the pre-flight checks at 10:40 and a bus from Euston to Luton is almost an hour, thus the most late time I can arrive to Euston is 9:40 and considering the train from Lime street st. as 4 hours journey it should start at 5:40...

If I understand correctly there is no way I can catch this flight leaving the Fazakerley at the same morning.

Am I right? Any suggestions?

National Rail journey planner says it can be done

Fazakerley 05:51
Liverpool Central 06:06
Walk
Liverpool Lime Street 06:45
London Euston 09:00
Tube
London St Pancras International 09:48
Luton Airport Parkway 10:20
Luton Airport Parkway 10:30
Bus
Luton Airport 10:36

Last edited:

Kite159

Veteran Member
Probably would be cheaper to head down the night before and stay in a hotel around Luton area, as you will be paying anytime fares, unless you can secure an advance ticket (although for that probably splitting your journey might help)

NRE is suggesting 05:51 Fazakerley to Liverpool Central, walking across to Lime Street for the 07:04 Virgin to Euston, arriving into Euston for 09:04. A short walk to St Pancras and you can be up to Luton Airport Parkway for around 09:50 (09:29 EMT to Nottingham)

Last edited:

Romilly

Established Member
There are trains from Liverpool to Euston as follows:

Lime St dep 0547 - Euston arr 0805

Lime St dep 0645 - Euston arr 0900

There are then 7 trains per hour from St Pancras to Luton Airport Parkway station, taking 20 to 45 minutes, as follows:

e.g.

St P dep 0829/0848/0929/0948

Luton Airport Parkway arr 0849/0920/0949/1020

You should be able to walk from Euston to St Pancras in 15 minutes.

There are trains from Fazakerley to Liverpool Central as follows:

Fazakerley dep 0551/0621/0651/0716 Central arr 0606/0636/0706/0731

I am assuming that you would be happy to walk from Central to Lime Street

A combination of the 0551, 0645 and 0848 would get you to Luton Airport Parkway station by 1020.

Or you could get a taxi to Lime Street and then the 0547 and 0848 would get you to Luton Airport Parkway by 0920. On that itinerary, the Lime Street to Luton Airport Parkway journey would cost £25.50 on an Advance ticket booked now.

Edit: personally, I would think that this doesn't leave a great deal of scope for things going wrong and, as already suggested, would probably go down the night before.

Last edited:

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
£50.50 Advances on those trains at the moment, and £27.50 on the very earliest one (no connection from Fazakerley though). But I agree it'd be best to stay over (or get a flight from Liverpool or Manchester instead, if it's possible).

You could also get to MKC by 0805 on a £16 Advance (taxi to Lime St, leave Lime St 0547, change Stafford) then take the 99 bus:

http://www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/assets/attach/33345/Route 99 Jan 19 2015 v3.pdf

to arrive at the Airport by 0950. The fare is about a tenner return I think, pay the driver. It's a reasonably reliable service, as the bus lays over at MKC for nearly an hour. It used to be a RailLinks service, but is just a plain Stagecoach one now and I don't think any longer appears in the railway timetable.

However, it's still a risky journey in the event of disruption to the trains early on.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Probably would be cheaper to head down the night before and stay in a hotel around Luton area, as you will be paying anytime fares, unless you can secure an advance ticket

2nd April is a Saturday :)

Last edited:

Michael96

Dear Friends, thanks for your fast answers. I decided to refuse to fly from Luton because it is very risky as I cannot start the journey earlier than trains start and staying in the hotel convert this option to more expensive.

Instead I bought a ticket from Stansted 1/04/2016 at 23:40. Hopefully, I can start the journey from Fazakerley at 16:45 and be an hour and a half before the flight in Stansted Airport. Do you believe I will be at time?

Veteran Member
I would go earlier; aim to arrive at the airport approximately 3 hours before the flight.

1747 from Lime St should get you to Stansted around 2115. That's a ressonable amount of leeway, though I'd go an hour earlier if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.