• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FSR 150's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Julian G

Established Member
it would be more useful if Silverlink Metro had those 150s off ScotRail as well

Techniquest

Veteran Member
No chance, they're staying with ATF, like it or not. They've even FINALLY got into doing proper refurbishment of them too, the end result being quite a decent result. Will miss the feeling of being on an FSR 150 in Scotland though. Glad we did that on the Welsh-Anglo-Scottish meet in 2004, and that I took a photo of 150284 at Newcraighall!

Still nice to get the ex-FSR condition ones though, I'll make sure I get an interior shot before they finish the refurbs.

Coxster

Established Member
Julian G said:
it would be more useful if Silverlink Metro had those 150s off ScotRail as well
Don't see why Silverlink need more 150s? Silverlink's 150s are 150/1s anyway, not that that really matters.

AlexS

Established Member
They're a bit short at the moment - they have one spare unit, and that has to cover the Marston Vale and the GOBLIN. Might get some more from Central in the future.

jonb

Established Member
Whenever i'm at Gospel Oak theres a 150 shut down in the Bay! Waste of assests surely?

Techniquest

Veteran Member
But of course! It's NatEx management there, seriously good asset management there, in true NEG style! GNER have that effect on them too, what with their need to park trains for 2 hours in the platforms...Gives me plenty of chance to get some photos and the numbers though!

Established Member
jonb said:
Whenever i'm at Gospel Oak theres a 150 shut down in the Bay! Waste of assests surely?

Think this unit is stabled off the additional peak only diagram? Would be far to sensible to send it to WN for much needed maintence! They used to stable units at Upper Holloway, however they were wrecked on a regular basis, so stabling switched to Euston and then Willesden although still the odd appearance at Euston. I remember when 33103 was out (bloody hellfire it was too!) there was a bit of "banter" between the locals and bellowing cranks!

Expect Silverlink unit changes when the new franchises come in tho, 153s for Bedford-Bletchley outbased from Tyseley is the lastest claim

Status
Not open for further replies.