• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FSr 158 at St. Phillip's Marsh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I saw a First Scotrail-liveried 158 at Bristol St. Phillip's Marsh this morning.
Does anyone know why it's here & what number it is?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theblackwatch

Established Member
Mojo said:
I saw a First Scotrail-liveried 158 at Bristol St. Phillip's Marsh this morning.
Does anyone know why it's here & what number it is?

It is 158741 - it moved down from Haymarket yesterday and is expected to be used in the First 'launch' tomorrow. The unit chosen is one that has been reliveried in the past few weeks - I presume they will remove the 'ScotRail' branding!!

theblackwatch said:
It is 158741 - it moved down from Haymarket yesterday and is expected to be used in the First 'launch' tomorrow. The unit chosen is one that has been reliveried in the past few weeks - I presume they will remove the 'ScotRail' branding!!

this unit is on a short-term hire however this may change and 158 740 may also join 158741 down in FGW land

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
First ScotRail said:
this unit is on a short-term hire however this may change and 158 740 may also join 158741 down in FGW land

What will Scotrail put out instead of these then? Do they have loads of spare units kicking around?

laverack222 said:
What will Scotrail put out instead of these then? Do they have loads of spare units kicking around?

the ex hull 170's fill that space, however they will have another 158 coming out of glasgow works tomorrow in fsr livery so... i think they have enough at the moment.

Sprog

Established Member
Shame 741 is not on Malvern - Weston servies.

Id like to sample it.

Whats its interior like compared to Wessex/Central units

did the fSR refurb consist of an interior job aswell as just a re-paint into Barbie, or where the units o/hauled by National Express, so First hasnt touched them inside......?

Id like to see waht interior work First will do on the ex-wessex stuff :)

spm_43030 said:
Whats its interior like compared to Wessex/Central units

did the fSR refurb consist of an interior job aswell as just a re-paint into Barbie, or where the units o/hauled by National Express, so First hasnt touched them inside......?

The interior is the same but with the same seats as exATN's 156's, no the 158 has only been rep-painted (it will be re-done at a later date into the newer livery), the units were overhauled by Nat Ex, first will be fitting PIS boards to the 158's and also they will recieve new wall panels and new carpets/seat covers, it is likely that the first class will be removed

Coxster

Established Member
Dennis said that the interior of the 158 isn't anything special, with mould on the window frames IIRC?!?

Dennis

Established Member
heres a shot of the interior http://dennis-lance.fotopic.net/p27663370.html

Not terribly good as I was being rushed by the traincrew who wanted to lock up and I did not want to upset them more after being told off for drawing some 'neon' stripes in the exterior dirt with my finger while waiting to board at Parkway!

Spot the difference between first and standard class - apart from the provision of hankies on the seat backs, I could not see any.

Generally, the 158741 does not show much sign of interior wear and was clean, especially the carpets. The table I was sat at looked awful and there was algae around the window frame. Otherwise much like any other CT or WT refreshed 158.

devon_metro

Established Member
Why do they need so much first class accomodation on a 158 which will generally work stopping service and only normally has 2 cars? Unless of course you give it to Wessex who put it on Penzance-Man Picc services :o Bad, bad experience :p

Jordy

Established Member
Dennis said:
I did not want to upset them more after being told off for drawing some 'neon' stripes in the exterior dirt with my finger while waiting to board at Parkway!

ROFL! What else can I say ;)

Jordy

andel

its only down to help boost the FGW services... I have heard that the 3 car 158 units are to go north....

Status
Not open for further replies.