• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FTPE Liverpool Depot Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Up_Tilt_390

This is actually something that sprang to mind recently, and thankfully it hasn't been bugging me for too long, so I'll get an answer before it starts to. I know First TransPennine Express have a depot in Liverpool (though not for a very long time as far as I know) and I actually wondered where it was located.

I know that Northern Rail has Allerton Depot next to Liverpool South Parkway where they store some of their stock, I've even seen some Class 319s there, and Virgin Trains use Edge Hill Depot which is by the curve that turns south on trains to London, and I've seen some Class 390s there. However, I do not know of any other depots in this city, and while I do kind of have a suspicion that First may share Edge Hill Depot with Virgin, because I've seen a Class 185 there at one point, but I don't want to jump to conclusions and would like to know if this is the case and if not which depot First use. Thanks in advance.

(Oh dear, this was suppose to go to Allocations, Diagrams & Timetables. Must've got the wrong thread section. If this could be moved to that thread section if it's the correct place then it would be appreciated. Sorry for the inconvenience).

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Geeves

Established Member
The only depot TPE have in Liverpool is a traincrew one as far as I know.

All of the 185s and 350s are allocated to Ardwick in Manchester but you can imagine they might well stable and clean some over night at Edge Hill. This is what Northern used to do before they gained there own depot at Allerton. :)

You would imagine though that TPE (unless the platforms at Lime St are required to be free at night) would just as easily leave stock in the platforms thus saving paying Virgin to use Edge Hill.

Last edited:

LowLevel

Established Member
185s are quite regularly seen on Edge Hill EMUD so I'd imagine they have a contract with Virgin/Alstom for light maintenance or stabling.

notlob.divad

Established Member
The only depot TPE have in Liverpool is a traincrew one as far as I know.

All of the 185s and 350s are allocated to Ardwick in Manchester but you can imagine they might well stable and clean some over night at Edge Hill. This is what Northern used to do before they gained there own depot at Allerton. :)

You would imagine though that TPE (unless the platforms at Lime St are required to be free at night) would just as easily leave stock in the platforms thus saving paying Virgin to use Edge Hill.

I believe of the ones that finish their diagram at Limestreet I think 4. 1 stables in the platform, 1 (maybe 2) go to Edge Hill and 1 or 2 go back over to Ardwick.

On this note (potentially bringing it back to Infrastructure) will TPE be putting in a new depot/stabling facilities as part of the new franchise or will they continue with their current arrangements?

Mark_1987

I believe of the ones that finish their diagram at Limestreet I think 4. 1 stables in the platform, 1 (maybe 2) go to Edge Hill and 1 or 2 go back over to Ardwick.

On this note (potentially bringing it back to Infrastructure) will TPE be putting in a new depot/stabling facilities as part of the new franchise or will they continue with their current arrangements?

It used to be four units that would go up to Edge Hill, and then come back off in the mornings as 2 x 6 cars. These would form the 06:22 as a 6 car , with the other one split to make the 06:12/07:12. But now I think its 3 units with the one for the 07:12 coming from Ardwick ECS.

Incidentally this week the unit for the 06:12 has been stabled in the station over night having been the last one back the night before.

Train crew depot is located in Rail house along with Virgin. Merseyrail & BTP are also housed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.