• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ftpe trainee driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

thomas69

Just had the call, got through to the managers interview stage

Well done mate. When is it? Any idea how many left their is?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Just had the call, got through to the managers interview stage

When is your interview? If you've had it, how did it go? Let us know if you passed, good luck

lvaxb24

Well done mate. When is it? Any idea how many left their is?

When is your interview? If you've had it, how did it go? Let us know if you passed, good luck

Just heard mate I have a medical next week :grin:

BLS

Just heard mate I have a medical next week :grin:

Congrats mate, you must be buzzing! Wonder how many they're taking on and how long after your medical will you receive your contract. Well done again, some achievement considering all the applicants they got.

lvaxb24

Cheers guys couldn't have made it this far without all the help from the people on here this forum is a mine of useful info as I'm sure you all know. The interview was this week and I was notified by phonecall. Not sure about the wait after the medical (that's next week) but I think there hoping to start the training in June.

jonnyb1978

Congtats.

Ive just got email with a conditional offer of employment saying I was successful in the interview.........confusing as ive not even had it yet..its on tuesday with a medical the following day....hey ho, good news I guess

thomas69

Congtats.

Ive just got email with a conditional offer of employment saying I was successful in the interview.........confusing as ive not even had it yet..its on tuesday with a medical the following day....hey ho, good news I guess

Thats confusing, are you going to tell them or still go on Tuesday? Congrats anyway haha

chrisw

Hi guys. I also had an interview last week but I still haven't heard anything. Does that mean i am most probably unsuccessful? I wonder if I'll be told via email or anything?

Thanks, Chris

jonnyb1978

Hi guys. I also had an interview last week but I still haven't heard anything. Does that mean i am most probably unsuccessful? I wonder if I'll be told via email or anything?

Thanks, Chris

Cant answer your question really. I got my interview tomorrow and medical on wednesday. They have now sent me two emails (friday and this morning) of a conditional offer of employment saying congrats i passed interview....????
Maybe one is supposed to be for you!

I would possibly give them a call and say you been away for the weekend and didnt want to miss their call. At least you will know either way.

Good Luck

chrisw

Thanks for the advice mate
Cant answer your question really. I got my interview tomorrow and medical on wednesday. They have now sent me two emails (friday and this morning) of a conditional offer of employment saying congrats i passed interview....????
Maybe one is supposed to be for you!

I would possibly give them a call and say you been away for the weekend and didnt want to miss their call. At least you will know either way.

Good Luck

I have spoke to First Group and they said that I should receive an email. Like you say, they might have sent it to the wrong email. If you have an interview tomorrow are you going to mention it, if they have sent 2 then they may have sent 1 to the wrong person :lol:. Good luck for tomorrow and let us know how you get on.

lvaxb24

Thanks for the advice mate

I have spoke to First Group and they said that I should receive an email. Like you say, they might have sent it to the wrong email. If you have an interview tomorrow are you going to mention it, if they have sent 2 then they may have sent 1 to the wrong person :lol:. Good luck for tomorrow and let us know how you get on.

How did you both get on guys?

BLS

I had my medical today. Can't wait to get stuck into it properly now!

jonnyb1978

Had my medical today also. That went ok. Had interview yesterday so just waiting to hear back.
They were aware they had sent two conditional offers. One was on the condition of successful interview and medical so fingers crossed. The other was a mistake.

lvaxb24

I was told on the day of the medical all was ok, I know my urine test and references will be fine but I'm still worrying!

They've been on the ball keeping most updated though so I suppose we'll all get confirmation soon enough.

chrisw

Had my medical today also. That went ok. Had interview yesterday so just waiting to hear back.
They were aware they had sent two conditional offers. One was on the condition of successful interview and medical so fingers crossed. The other was a mistake.

Did they say when you would hear? I still havent heard anything. If everyone has had medicals then I'm obviously waiting for a rejection email.

jonnyb1978

Did they say when you would hear? I still havent heard anything. If everyone has had medicals then I'm obviously waiting for a rejection email.

They said would let me know by end of week. Medical said will have result today, then they need references etc.

They said would let me know by end of week. Medical said will have result today, then they need references etc.

jonnyb1978

It's just the uncertainty! Have you returned the reference form Jonny?

Yes I returned them tuesday afternoon. Im guessing they will not contact references until they have confirmation of full medical results..Fingers crossed still. Good luck guys

david_VI

What were the medicals like? I understand you must do an eye test? With and without glasses? What else?

lvaxb24

What were the medicals like? I understand you must do an eye test? With and without glasses? What else?

Eye test, colour blindess, hearing breathelizer, blood/alchohol urine test, height/weight, blood pressure, ecg, mobility, medical history.....have I missed anything :)

david_VI

Eye test, colour blindess, hearing breathelizer, blood/alchohol urine test, height/weight, blood pressure, ecg, mobility, medical history.....have I missed anything :)

Thanks! I should be fine! Is the medical history your word or are they allowed to look it up? hope that doesn't sound like an odd question.

reapz

Thanks! I should be fine! Is the medical history your word or are they allowed to look it up? hope that doesn't sound like an odd question.

your medical history is between you and your doctor unless you sign a wavier

Last edited:

lvaxb24

your medical history is between you and your doctor unless you sign a wavier

You do have to sign a few waivers in reception and in the presence of the nurse and to be honest I probably would have signed my soul away at this stage but I beleive it was just consent for them to carry out the urine test unless anyone on here knows any different.

LCC106

Established Member
Ivaxb24 you're so right. I remember awaiting the results of my urine test and despite the fact I knew I hadn't taken any drugs I was still waiting for that phone call to say I failed! Good luck in your new careers everyone, and if you didn't get through this time, KEEP TRYING!

Status
Not open for further replies.