• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ftpe trainee driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyb1978

Anyone passes the shortlist. I had email through and now awaiting assessment date. Anybody else?i

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

graycam25

hi jonny, yes mate ive also been accepted through to the assesment centre and also awaiting a date :)

jonnyb1978

Got a date of Weds 21st March for assessments. Dont hear of them for 2 months then get 10 days to prepare. Anyone else going on that day?

thomas69

Got a date of Weds 21st March for assessments. Dont hear of them for 2 months then get 10 days to prepare. Anyone else going on that day?

Well done mate, have you had your interview yet or is it on the same day?

GNER 373

I got held on the 6 month waiting list which isn't bad for a first attempt! Still banking on some trainee positions with NR in Manchester and Liverpool...

Well done chaps and good luck hope you all do really well and keep us posted!

Beveridges

Established Member
Got a rejection from FTPE myself at app form stage.
First Group (ANY of their franchises) are probably the only company I have never got past their app form stage ever.

jonnyb1978

Well done mate, have you had your interview yet or is it on the same day?

Not sure about interview. Its included in the practise papers but not on the itinary for the day. The mechanical test is also included but it specifically states I will not bedoing this so not to practise it.

Group Bourdon
Trainability tests with dials and cables, also answering questions from a passage you need to read.
Safety tests.

graycam25

no interview i guess will be on the 2nd day off assessments providing you pass the 1st day.... same as the mechanical test

thomas69

Any idea how many would have applied? How many they shortlist and how many they want?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

How did you get on mate and anyone else? Did they tell you how many they shortlisted?

graycam25

60 shortlisted to assessment centre and 10 vacancies going.... thought it went ok... quite tough i thought regardless of studying the practice material
3000+ applicants so they said

thomas69

60 shortlisted to assessment centre and 10 vacancies going.... thought it went ok... quite tough i thought regardless of studying the practice material
3000+ applicants so they said

Well done mate for getting this far. Did you pass it all?

jonnyb1978

Well I recieved phone call today saying I was successfull. Got a date of 18th April for next round of assessments. Was quite surprised it was so soon. Anyone else heard anything?

lvaxb24

I got a call too for the 18th, 17 candidates through to the 2nd assessment stage.

BLS

2nd April I've been invited to Doncaster. Is that right about there being 10 vacancies? Wonder how many made it past the first hurdle. Good luck guys

lvaxb24

Hi BLS

3000 initially, narrowed down to 60 on the 1st assessment and now 17 left. Not sure about the 10 vacancies but as I understand it there are people in reserve so out of the 17 candidates remaining it doesn't necessarily mean they will fill all 10 positions.

Got a call last week and my confirmation email today, the day will be a reaction and coordination test (DTG) and a criterion based interview (CBI).

Good luck all!

graycam25

i also was notified today (rather late) for my asessment on thursday this week.... in doncaster eeek!

good luck all

lvaxb24

Do we not have to do the mechanical test then?

Confusing isn't it :?:
In the practice papers but not on the itinerary for the day!
I'm just in the process of trying to drop a stone for the medical if by some great bit of luck I get through this stage!! haha
i also was notified today (rather late) for my asessment on thursday this week.... in doncaster eeek!

good luck all

How did it go Graycam?
Were there many there, what time did it finish?

thomas69

Such a diverse range of dates, some this week, some over next few weeks by the sounds of it, wonder how they chose each of your dates? Could the most recent dates get the positions before the ones on later dates?

jonnyb1978

Dont think the dates mean much. They rang me and gave me a choice of dates, soi picked myself. Luckily one was on my day off from current job. Reading aboutthe DB shenker assessment you get told after the reaction if your successful. Those who are stay, those not can go home. Not sure if this will be the case here though, but thinking it might be.

Beveridges

Established Member
What locations are these tests for Man Picc??
I applied there myself, got rejected at app form, but I already have the psychometric test pass.

BLS

How did everyone get on at Doncaster, anyone make it to the final interview stage?

Status
Not open for further replies.