• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fuji S9600 wont turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

class 313

Established Member
Hello,

To my horror, I have found out my S9600 wont turn on! Took the camera off the top of my PC went to turn it on but nothing. So I thought a change of batteries might help. But nothing. This is rather crap as I just replaced my S5500 with it due to faults. The fact it was working a few hours before hand makes this an odd yet frustrating case!

The fuji site says it will cost me £90 to fix, I don't want to be doing this but I might have to!

Any ideas!?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

thefab444

Established Member
Sounds stupid but are you sure the memory card flap isn't open? If you open that on my S6500 it refuses to turn on.

Otherwise... gutted!

richa2002

Established Member
I'm thinking there must be some simple solution to this. Hmm.

richa2002

Established Member
Not rateable one little bit, you still got your old cam for emergencies?

devon_metro

Established Member
Trying turning the batteries around? Often had that problem on my E550 (or whatever it used to be)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Would having it on top of ya PC have anything to do with it.

What damage would that do?????

EE Type 3

Established Member
Water shouldn't be a problem, my 6500 has been drenched a number of times and still works.

It would after a while, cameras are only waterproof up to a certain extent.

My E500 wouldn't switch on after it took a Lancashire monsoon (it really was), but drying it off at room temperature did the trick.

class 313

Established Member
It would after a while, cameras are only waterproof up to a certain extent.

My E500 wouldn't switch on after it took a Lancashire monsoon (it really was), but drying it off at room temperature did the trick.

Fair enough, but mine wasn't wet.

jacknottm

My S6500 did the same thing last month
The soloution, as daft as it sounds, which worked with mine was to take the memory card out, blow in it to remove dust, re-add the memory card, and turn it on, it somehow has worked perfectly since..

Jack

jacknottm

S9600 (I Think) Has internal memory as S6500 does so it does not need a memory card. just make sure the door is shut :)

class 313

Established Member
My S6500 did the same thing last month
The soloution, as daft as it sounds, which worked with mine was to take the memory card out, blow in it to remove dust, re-add the memory card, and turn it on, it somehow has worked perfectly since..

Jack

But like you said, it wouldn't need the memory card in, in the first place so that's a bit odd lol

And my memory card has been in all the time. Also changing and blowing into the slot has done nothing.

Mintona

Established Member
Make sure you have the batteries in the right way around? I am forever putting them in upside-down et al...

Status
Not open for further replies.