• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fuji S9600 wont turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonG

S9600 (I Think) Has internal memory as S6500 does so it does not need a memory card. just make sure the door is shut :)

I've never had any trouble with my S9600 & no, it does not have internal memory like the S6500, but should it should still power up, even without a memory card inserted. This sounds like it could be a major failure of the camera's electronics or it could be something relatively simple.

class 313

Established Member
I've never had any trouble with my S9600 & no, it does not have internal memory like the S6500, but should it should still power up, even without a memory card inserted. This sounds like it could be a major failure of the camera's electronics or it could be something relatively simple.

I don't think its the latter as I've tried everything :|

Gizmogle

Established Member
Yes. D306 is right. ALWAYS keep magnets away from any electrical equipment.
That could well be your problem...

Gizmogle

Established Member
Shocking isn't it.

Maybe you were actually right for once? :p

Actually, what kind of memory card are you using in it? Is it a good brand?
If your memory card has died, then that will stop the camera turning on. Have you got a spare card to try?

class 313

Established Member
Shocking isn't it.

Maybe you were actually right for once? :p

Actually, what kind of memory card are you using in it? Is it a good brand?
If your memory card has died, then that will stop the camera turning on. Have you got a spare card to try?

I have 4, none work...

Also no magnets were placed near the camera.

Gizmogle

Established Member
Hmm...that's worrying.

How long have you had it? Maybe it's time to say farewell...?

D306

Established Member
lol, he only got it recently IIRC. I'm assuming that it was a brand new one, so it should still be in the warranty

Gizmogle

Established Member
No. I spoke to him earlier. It's not on warranty.

Have you tried cleaning the battery contacts? Also the memory card and the contacts for the card inside the camera?

Gizmogle

Established Member
Yeah...but still, you don't wanna go getting charged for something that was really simple.

D306

Established Member
I should buy some more warranty for me camera when the origional runs out, or I'll just buy some when I find out if warranty comes with it.

warranty froth

Gizmogle

Established Member
Have you tried posting in a professional camera forum?

First thing I would do though, before trying to get it repaired, is to clean everything possible on the camera. Use cotton buds and maybe (I heard it was a good idea, but please correct me if I'm wrong...) the tiniest bit of alcohol. Presumably the 100% stuff.

Thewanderer

Established Member
Cl. 313,

How old is the camera? I.E. is it still under warrenty? When I purchased my S5600 after only a 2 weeks I had a fault where it wouldn't turn itself off. The only way of turning it off was to open the battery cover to break the connections. This happened after a rather heavy downpour of rain when I was out photting one Sunday morning.

Took it back to the shop where I purchased it and within 5 working days I had a replacement camera from Fuji. Great customer service!

class 313

Established Member
Cl. 313,

How old is the camera? I.E. is it still under warrenty? When I purchased my S5600 after only a 2 weeks I had a fault where it wouldn't turn itself off. The only way of turning it off was to open the battery cover to break the connections. This happened after a rather heavy downpour of rain when I was out photting one Sunday morning.

Took it back to the shop where I purchased it and within 5 working days I had a replacement camera from Fuji. Great customer service!

I don't think it is under warranty but I have emailed Fuji at their tech address which I have been told is a much better way than just going through their repair steps via their website.

FusionRail

I have noticed with the S9600 that the Off/View/Photo switch on the top is very dodgy at times, and sometimes does not switch the camera on when you want it to.

You should have made sure there was:
  • Nothing stuck on the microswitch that stops the camera operating when the card slot door is open
  • You havent dropped it
  • There is a good contact between all batteries on the bottom battery cover
  • Your not blind
  • You didn't drop it in the pond
  • You haven't somehow put it near an EMP emitting device
  • You have working batteries

Tried plugging it into the TV via the A/V out and seeing if it works that way?

And Mparsonz, there is absolutely no point in buying guarantees, warranties or anything for something unless it is stupidly expensive, as generally it wont break until they run out, and you waste alot of money. Most often its cheaper just to by an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.