• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Full time cleaning position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexys2

Hi,I’ve been employed by agency in Dorset,for a few months,and have been given chance to join SWR full time,I have a drink drive conviction which was for 12 months reduced to 9,ref circumstances,the ban is up 3 months early in early February 2021,should I apply and explain my error of judgement after family death,where I was just asleep with keys in ignition,or should I not bother,I would prefer to have a informal chat with someone but unsure who to speak to,any help would be gratefully helpful,train cleaning position

regards

dexys2

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

crebbs1

Definitely go for it, what do you have to lose?
Everybody makes mistakes but as long as you emphasise what you have learned from it then hopefully you’ll be ok.
Just be honest!
Good luck.

PupCuff

If it's an on-board cleaner role I should think you'd be fine as long as you declare it (though expect obvious questions like how are you going to get to work when public transport isn't running etc). If it's a cleaner role which requires you to go on depot/on track doing external train cleaning then, again it should be okay but depending on the exact nature of the role it might fall under the Drugs & Alcohol requirements for safety critical work and a drink or drug related conviction may result in some (all?) TOCs imposing a disqualification period from doing such work post-conviction.

MiNi

Hi,I’ve been employed by agency in Dorset,for a few months,and have been given chance to join SWR full time,I have a drink drive conviction which was for 12 months reduced to 9,ref circumstances,the ban is up 3 months early in early February 2021,should I apply and explain my error of judgement after family death,where I was just asleep with keys in ignition,or should I not bother,I would prefer to have a informal chat with someone but unsure who to speak to,any help would be gratefully helpful,train cleaning position

regards

dexys2
Where is the role based please. Deffo go for it & good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.