• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fun and games aboard the 15.00 Norwich to Liverpool Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgsh2011

Sat in coach B on the 15.00 Norwich to London Liverpool Street. Within 2 minutes of departure a businessman needs to buy a new full fare ticket because he tried to use his 14.30 Advance ticket, "oh the man on the barrier said it would be ok". Then, at the same time, a lady appears (flapping) that she has collected "someone else's" tickets from the TVM, and not her own!

Very robust and professional response from Train Manager. Though I am sat there silently laughing trying to understand how the "great" British public regularly make these mistakes on a daily basis!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Of course, I could point out the fact that sometimes staff do say "Yes it will be fine to use that ticket" then it turns out it isn't. Consistency is the name of the game and in some stations it varies.

Bellwater

Indeed smart clothes is not necessarily the hallmark of honesty.

Indeed, a Suit and Tie doesn't make you better than me or the next person.

The latest excuse I'm getting is 'oh the reservation didn't come out of the machine'. Are you sure you checked? Er er er.

LE Greys

Established Member
Indeed smart clothes is not necessarily the hallmark of honesty.

Nor is confusion, as some of my older relatives will often demonstrate. If in doubt, look flustered and half-panicked, but otherwise seem a fairly nice person and you can get away with all sorts. Having a few grey hairs can help, although my Boris Johnson impression goes some way there as well. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.