• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Funny Big 4 names

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
GWR
Gresley Was Right (even thought im a southern man!!)
Grotty Wet Rust
Gods Wonderful Railway (my dad said i had to type that one!!!)

LNER
Late Never Early Railway

LMS
Dunno i dont like them either

Southern RailwaySuper railway

Jim

Established Member
GWR:
Great Wondefull Railway
Gods Wonkey Railway (unless he built tunnels :roll: )

Established Member
MY dad is very anti greaat western!!! i supose i take after him. they ahd some nice engines but i dont like all of them or he railway its self. they always ahd to proive somthing like teh LMS and LNER they had to prove summin then you get the southern nothing to prove they just got on and ran a train service.

devon_metro

Established Member
feltham2104 said:
MY dad is very anti greaat western!!! i supose i take after him. they ahd some nice engines but i dont like all of them or he railway its self. they always ahd to proive somthing like teh LMS and LNER they had to prove summin then you get the southern nothing to prove they just got on and ran a train service.

Well i must be the complete opposite, not a fan of southern! (Looks at engines :roll: ) Looks at GWR Engines :D )

Established Member
gdgd like im not a fan of the GWR but i like soem of there engines like the panniers the 14XXs th mogauls praires.

Established Member
The first loco is a BR standard. Some were bassed on the southern. Id preffer the second loco!!!! A proper steam loco.

Coxster

Established Member
GWR - God's Worst Railway (you had to see that coming from a Southern man, surely?) ;)

Established Member
Lol. Only Coz my dad also owns a southern engine in 7 1/4" guage. but then on the otehr hand if you go by that i should like the GNR as he has an atlantic as well.

Bighat

GWR = Great Way Round (to Birmingham from London)

and expanding beyond the big four

South Eastern and Chatham Railway (SECR)

= Slow, Easy and Comfortable Railway

moving into aviation:-

Pan American World Airways = Pandemonium World Scareways

LUFTHANSA = Let Us F*** The Hostess And Not Say Anything :D :D

Trans World Airlines = Try Walking Across (during a pilot strike)

or

Teeny Weeny Airlines (when the western world's largest carrier)

BOAC = Better On A Camel (during route consoldation in Africa)

or

Beats Optimistic American Competion (when the Comet airliner bear the Boeing 707 as first scheduled passenger jet into service across the Atlantic)

Air France = Fair Chance

and many more!

Simming

Southern Locos are naff, they always needed a sand train to travel infront, to stop any wheel slipping!

TAS

Before the big four: M&GN= Muddle and Go Nowhere, which is exactly what they did, or if they did go some where God's Eastern Railway had got there first.

Tomnick

Established Member
Simming said:
Southern Locos are naff, they always needed a sand train to travel infront, to stop any wheel slipping!
Not quite as bad as those heaps of tin from the Western though :!: . Had City of Truro on the North Norfolk last year - very nice loco, but caused no end of problems whenever there was a drop of rain :shock: .

Good thing they got slightly better when it came to diesels :) . Slightly ;) .

Aureol

Established Member
With a spanner in hand in D212's engine room
Now, now ladies ( ;) ), there's nowt wrong with LMS, LNER, GWR or SR, as long as they performed well, that's all that matters! I'm on the LMS region, but I like all 4 companies, though I like LNER the least for some reason. Take for example, as I said, I'm on the LMS region, but most of my MSTS routes and packs are SR or GWR, but that don't mean I hate LNER and LMS.

Tomnick

Established Member
Well I'm on the Eastern...and I wouldn't like to break the tradition over here and admit that I don't hate all things Western related ;) ;) .

Don't mind the Midland too much though. Apart from some of the silly engines they had over there ;) :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.