• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Funny bug with GWR wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSEFAN

Established Member
It seems that you can't connect to GWR wifi unless you specifically don't agree to the T&Cs. Has anyone else experience this little bug? :lol:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hyphen

Swansea (previously Nottingham/Sheffield)
Certainly as of the last time I travelled (couple of months ago) it required you to click to agree, but it did seem to go through a period of just saying "connected" for me.

I have bigger issues with GWR Wifi though, not least that sometimes you can connect but DHCP doesn't respond (so you don't get an IP address, then can do nothing), and the fact that there's so much broadcast traffic floating around in it that it BSODs my laptop...

rf_ioliver

It seems that you can't connect to GWR wifi unless you specifically don't agree to the T&Cs. Has anyone else experience this little bug? :lol:

Do you have screenshots? I'd recommend reporting this to GWR,

t.

Ian

HowardGWR

Established Member
I have bigger issues with GWR Wifi though, not least that sometimes you can connect but DHCP doesn't respond (so you don't get an IP address, then can do nothing), and the fact that there's so much broadcast traffic floating around in it that it BSODs my laptop...

This sentence is, alas, unintelligible for me. Could you possibly expand the abbreviations and explain it more clearly please?

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
Basically, Hyphen is saying that he can't get an IP Address for the WiFi (required for it to work) or sometimes it's so clogged up with other traffic (?) that his laptop crashes.

jon0844

Veteran Member
Not getting an IP address is a common problem on Wi-Fi (another reason to use your own mobile data connection when possible) but I've not heard of traffic causing computers to crash.

Agent_c

This sentence is, alas, unintelligible for me. Could you possibly expand the abbreviations and explain it more clearly please?

He has bigger problems with Great Western Railway's Institute of Electrical Engineers 802.11b Direct Sequence network. Sometimes he can connect, but the Dynamic Host Configuration protocol does not respond, meaning that his computer is not assigned an Internet Protocol version 4 address.

Without this sequence of numbers he is unable to send or receive data through the Institute of Electrical Engineers 802.11b Direct Sequence network and onto the greater Internet.

The large amount of data passing through the Institute of Electrical Engineers 802.11b Direct Sequence network causes his computer to become non responsive and present him a blue screen with an error message, requiring his computer to be restarted.

DaleCooper

Established Member
He has bigger problems with Great Western Railway's Institute of Electrical Engineers 802.11b Direct Sequence network. Sometimes he can connect, but the Dynamic Host Configuration protocol does not respond, meaning that his computer is not assigned an Internet Protocol version 4 address.

Without this sequence of numbers he is unable to send or receive data through the Institute of Electrical Engineers 802.11b Direct Sequence network and onto the greater Internet.

The large amount of data passing through the Institute of Electrical Engineers 802.11b Direct Sequence network causes his computer to become non responsive and present him a blue screen with an error message, requiring his computer to be restarted.

What's a "computer"?

HarleyDavidson

Established Member
What's a "computer"?

Just for you...

latest

;)

HowardGWR

Established Member

Thanks.
Oh, he can't log on? Why didn't he just say so? :)

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
If your computer BSODs due to broadcast traffic, then there is something seriously wrong with your computer. - perhaps it has been fixed in newer wifi drivers?

infobleep

Veteran Member
The address I seemed to use to log on was gwrwifi.com. Or at least tablet and mobile have stored that address.

However that takes me to a third party page at times and not the gwr one but I'm sure at other times it takes me to the correct gwr one. Needless to say the times I get to the third party site are when the WiFi isn't working.

Is that possible? Does anyone have the correct login page address gwr use?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

DaleCooper

Established Member
There are rumors that the iAbacus3 is under development and is codenamed Babbage although production would appear to be due quite some time after the design.

Pictures have been leaked online. I think I'll wait for the Samsung Satsuma.

Attachments

• iAbacus3.jpg
    iAbacus3.jpg
    417.5 KB · Views: 26

NSEFAN

Established Member
rf_ioliver said:
Do you have screenshots? I'd recommend reporting this to GWR,
Sadly I didn't get a screenshot. I suspect it was something that had failed to load correctly, and perhaps the way the logon form is written is by means of toggling a variable somewhere, which was perhaps not correctly set initially.

jayah

On Moderation

I have a workaround. When on their HSTs with WiFi the pages are invariably fantastically slow to load. On your phone settings, choose Connect to WiFi = OFF and make sure your mobile data is enabled. Works every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.