• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Funny Railway/Railway Station/Train fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prodigy

Kind of a fun interactive thread I hope. Post any funny fails you have seen along the railway network whether it be at stations, on Trains or on the tracks. This can be do via picture or just explanations. I'll start us off:

Waiting for the 12.47pm train from Mossley heading towards Huddersfield. LCD information screen still has the 06.45am service displayed and automated tannoy system says "We are sorry that the 06.45 service to Huddersfield is delayed'

I'm sure someone has something more funny than this but it's just an example. By the way I've no idea where to put this so just whacked it in the General Discussion. Move it if necessary.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Prodigy

Damn sorry man :(. Lock thread.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
But I don't just mean platform display errors, I mean any funny fails you have seen along the rail network whether it be on trains, on the tracks or in stations.

EM2

Established Member
I was once at Paddington waiting for a District Line train. The describer showed the next one as a Circle service, so I was at the back of the platform, leaning against the wall.
As the doors on the Circle service closed, a guy came charging down the stairs across the platform and leapt onto the train. Unfortunately, he wasn't *quite* quick enough, and the doors closed on his trailing shoe.
He then decided to pull his foot free, rather than waiting for the doors to open, but only managed to pull his foot out of his shoe.
At this point, the doors re-opened, (you're ahead of me here, aren't you? :D) and his shoe, no longer constrained by having his foot in it, dropped, hit the edge of the platform and bounced under the train.
The doors closed, and off he went, with one shoe :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.