• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Further problems for EC mainline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welshman

Established Member
The NR Website is currently warning of delays of up to 120 minutes due to overhead line problems between Peterborough and Grantham.

It seems quite a problem with all services disrupted and at least one EM Norwich-Liverpool presumably diverted via Stamford & Loughborough.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
What time did it happen. Must just of been after i got of a EC at PBO.

Smoggy

1A18 08:40 Leeds - Kings Cross has brought the wires down all on 4 roads at Little Bytham. Thunderbird already attached and will drag set, leaving the 91 behind until the pan can be secured.

Ferret

Established Member
1A18 08:40 Leeds - Kings Cross has brought the wires down all on 4 roads at Little Bytham. Thunderbird already attached and will drag set, leaving the 91 behind until the pan can be secured.

Doh!!! Another day and another ECML farce! They are having a right old trot:(

Aictos

Established Member
Now running as 1Z18 to Stevenage where it will terminate and a HST will take passengers onto London.

Now running as 1Z18 to Stevenage where it will terminate and a HST will take passengers onto London.

A change from GNER policy when it would have been to P'bro and train caped there. I know its still terminated short, but least at Stevenage there are plenty of trains to Kings Cross, even better if its onto another EC service.

sonic2009

Established Member
EAST COAST MAINLINE IS SHUT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE ACCORDING TO EAST COAST. I'm on a train that is sat in KGX going as 1330 to Inverness, Passengers Standing. East coast staff sat down, according to reports this service is going to PBO. Then to Doncaster via Lincoln.

amcluesent

Oh dear, all the new staff at sixes and sevens too. I bet the sarnies and booze has run out!

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
HST leaving York P9 now for Doncaster, Peterborough and Kings Cross, will it be via Lincoln?

windoze11

Is there anything going through Retford was hoping to get the Class 92 and the Class 91 flying scotsman ??? any ideas

Aictos

Established Member
1Z18 now running as 5Z18 to Bounds Green with it's stranded passengers forward to Kings Cross on 1S11.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
All lines blocked north of Peterborough, passengers advised to use other TOCs via London and not to travel unless you really have to.

I can only presume some services will go via Lincoln.

rjhglover

The NR Website is currently warning of delays of up to 120 minutes due to overhead line problems between Peterborough and Grantham.

It seems quite a problem with all services disrupted and at least one EM Norwich-Liverpool presumably diverted via Stamford & Loughborough.

Saw one East Midlands Train heading Westbound on the stretch of line between Helpston and Stamford at approximately 14.40.

Between 13.30 and 13.45, there was a large queue at the north end of Platform 2 at Peterborough Station, with a few taxis in the short stay car park. East Coast were recommending passengers needing to travel via Grantham to take a taxi.

Aictos

Established Member
I'm on 1F15 KGX TO INVERNESS, running via Joint Line.

I know, I saw it head though Stevenage, that train not surprisingly was the first East Coast to pass though Stevenage heading north since 1D07 which only got to Peterborough.

1A09/1D03 were the last East Coast services which called at Stevenage in both directions which actually managed to get to their destinations.

I saw there was a train running to Kings Cross when I passed through Darlington station at about 13.30. However, all of the trains north were delayed or cancelled.

So was the southbound bit cleared up?

sonic2009

Established Member
It's looking like only HST's services are running. Quite a few have been on the Joint Line. This Train is Rammed!

MCR247

Established Member
Is it just me or does the ECML get more problems than anywhere else? Closely followed by the WCML...

GNERman

Established Member
Chaos here at York, don't think I've ever seen so many rail staff on platforms at the same time. There seems to be at least 15 by the boards at platform 5/9 and was good communication between staff of all toc's. Pax advised to either not travel today but can travel tommorow or go to Sheffield for EMT. Inverness expected 1804, presumably via Lincoln...

Ferret

Established Member
An utter shambles. East Coast have pretty much given up, expecting other TOCs to take their passengers but not informing these other TOCs whether they were turning trains round at Doncaster or Grantham or indeed, whether they were even trying to run a service at all. A completely unacceptable way for a train company to behave.

bengolding

Are some services now running through, or is Live Departures giving incorrect info? The 13:30 to Inverness from Kings Cross left on time but took almost two hours from Peterborough to Doncaster. Is there another diversionary route that this train may have taken north out of Peterorough to avoid Grantham?

MCR247

Established Member
Yes, the joint line which has been mentioned numerous times in this thread...

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Are some services now running through, or is Live Departures giving incorrect info? The 13:30 to Inverness from Kings Cross left on time but took almost two hours from Peterborough to Doncaster. Is there another diversionary route that this train may have taken north out of Peterorough to avoid Grantham?

Yes, via the Joint Line through Sleaford and Lincoln. The train can re-join the ECML just south of Doncaster.

TheBigD

Established Member
An utter shambles. East Coast have pretty much given up, expecting other TOCs to take their passengers but not informing these other TOCs whether they were turning trains round at Doncaster or Grantham or indeed, whether they were even trying to run a service at all. A completely unacceptable way for a train company to behave.

That's just normal for East Coast.

Look at what happened just before Christmas whan the wires came down south of Peterborough twice within days of each other. Both times East Coast more or less gave up, though to be fair, on the second ocasion they did send a press officer to Peterborough station...

Status
Not open for further replies.