• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Future for HT Stock Base - South

Status
Not open for further replies.

leomartin125

I have recently noticed that First Hull Trains keep their Class 180 Adelante units at Old Oak Common and shuttle them back and forth to Kings X via the North London Line as and when needed or not. I wanted to ask, with Old Oak Common set to close and reopen under Crossrail ownership, what will HT do with their 180's allocated there?

And whilst we are on topic about OOC closing in the future, what about the Heathrow Express trains? Will they be moved to North Pole Depot and allocated there?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hwl

Established Member
I have recently noticed that First Hull Trains keep their Class 180 Adelante units at Old Oak Common and shuttle them back and forth to Kings X via the North London Line as and when needed or not. I wanted to ask, with Old Oak Common set to close and reopen under Crossrail ownership, what will HT do with their 180's allocated there?

And whilst we are on topic about OOC closing in the future, what about the Heathrow Express trains? Will they be moved to North Pole Depot and allocated there?

HEx heading off to a new depot at Langley (as part of HS2 Act currently progressing through the Lords at the moment.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member

It only makes sense for HT to have their 180s maintained alongside GWR's fleet as long as GWR are still using 180s though. Once they have all gone to GC (probably by the end of next year) the likelihood is that HT will have to think of another option anyway, perhaps sharing with GC somewhere? (As suggested by the above post probably Crofton.)

Old Oak Common doesn't actually "close and reopen under Crossrail", as you suggest. The Crossrail depot is already being built on the north side of the site. When the various FGW and HEx depots close, they'll get demolished because they are in the way of the HS2 station...

Last edited:

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Crofton is likely to be the new base for the HT cl.180 fleet.

Crofton seems a sensible suggestion! HT don't need a base in the south IF FGW arent running the same type of trains. They might need some stabling, watering and fueling points

Last edited:

MatthewRead

On Moderation
There has been talk on this forum about GWR retaining their Adelante fleet due to the delay in electrification.

MatthewRead

On Moderation
Wishful thinking. There's no reason for the bi-mode IEPs to be delayed, and they replace the 180s.
The speculation was so that Turbos could be cased further west by having a 387 working as far as Reading and then a 180 for the remaining non-electrified section to Oxford as electrification is not due for completion until 2020!

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
The speculation was so that Turbos could be cased further west by having a 387 working as far as Reading and then a 180 for the remaining non-electrified section to Oxford as electrification is not due for completion until 2020!

...and does that give it any credibility whatsoever? GC has a lease and a declared start date, with them being left with GW until their IEP replacements arrive, as per the franchise agreement. That is of far more relevance than speculation here.

Status
Not open for further replies.