• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

G.W.R - Trainee Train Driver - Paddington 2018/19 Talent Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom2017

Just applied for the Trainee Driver role with G.W.R, invited to take the first two online tests. (Train Situation Awareness and Matching) I noted the second Matching Test was timed, does anyone know if they track the time it takes you to complete the test, from the moment you click take test, or the moment you open the assessment and see the agreement screen? I kept it on the agreement screen for 10 minutes, then decided to take the test, which only took a couple of minutes. I've already passed the Train Driver Assessments, at another T.O.C, just waiting for the next stage, but figured it would be good to see what other T.O.C's are like, seeing as quite a few are recruiting at the moment.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AndySimps1976

New to all this forum business..... Started my application for this on Saturday but didn't have time to complete fully. Went back to it yesterday to complete and now says deadline missed.... Anyone else having this problem...

mrbubbles

New to all this forum business..... Started my application for this on Saturday but didn't have time to complete fully. Went back to it yesterday to complete and now says deadline missed.... Anyone else having this problem...

Unfortunately you do have to apply IMMEDIATELY you see the job ad as they are usually removed after a few days.

AndySimps1976

Unfortunately you do have to apply IMMEDIATELY you see the job ad as they are usually removed after a few days.
Noted - Will be on it more next time..... Was trying to fill it in from work which was the issue. Also needed to update the CV. Now done so ready and armed for next time!!

Johnny Depot

Just applied for the Trainee Driver role with G.W.R, invited to take the first two online tests. (Train Situation Awareness and Matching) I noted the second Matching Test was timed, does anyone know if they track the time it takes you to complete the test, from the moment you click take test, or the moment you open the assessment and see the agreement screen? I kept it on the agreement screen for 10 minutes, then decided to take the test, which only took a couple of minutes. I've already passed the Train Driver Assessments, at another T.O.C, just waiting for the next stage, but figured it would be good to see what other T.O.C's are like, seeing as quite a few are recruiting at the moment.

I am no authority but you would think that the timer should start from the moment you click "take test" and not at the agreement screen. Best of luck and try not to overthink it. I think you've taken the test the way intended.

Tracker400

Hey,

I’ve Applied for the Trainee Role too but for Oxford instead of Paddington. I completed the Matching Test yesterday. I am confident that I did alright on it. Does anybody know how long we can expect to wait before hearing anything back?

Rob

blackfrost

:lol:
Hey,

I’ve Applied for the Trainee Role too but for Oxford instead of Paddington. I completed the Matching Test yesterday. I am confident that I did alright on it. Does anybody know how long we can expect to wait before hearing anything back?

Rob

I applied for Paddington did both the online tests too. In all honesty as it is with a lot of railway job applications don't hold your breath! I'm not expecting to hear back until next year!:lol:

It is a talent pool after all.

Tom2017

I've had a couple of questions answered from there H.R. Team , this week. Just a matter of waiting for a formal decision, now. As with all things on the railway, patience is key. You have to play the long game. "Stay calm and have faith!" ;)

Johnny Depot

I've had a couple of questions answered from there H.R. Team , this week. Just a matter of waiting for a formal decision, now. As with all things on the railway, patience is key. You have to play the long game. "Stay calm and have faith!" ;)

Questions answered from this applicaton or a previous application?

Tom2017

Just questions I'd asked about the online test's that I'd completed, about tracking of the time. But they were responding in a timely manner, which is always nice.

Tracker400

I don’t suppose anyone knows what the Training Pay is and Pay on completion of Training ? Can’t seem to find it on their Job Advert?

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.