• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GA Dutch Flyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvboy

Established Member
On the Dutch Flyer website http://www.stenaline.co.uk/ferry/rail-and-sail/holland/ it states tickets are valid from any Greater Anglia station - does that mean any station GA operates or any GA it serves, and if so does it restrict travel to GA stations only? Only I'm wondering if it would be valid from Peterborough and would it include XC or EMT between Peterborough and Ely?

seat61.com seems to suggest it is valid from Peterborough but no mention of operators.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
I would disagree that it's not valid on any other operator other than GA. I will stand to be corrected though, the routeing on the the ticket is :

ANGLIA-STENA HVH : My interpretation of this is that it would be valid on GA trains only - Port & Stena to Hook Van Hollland

If we use a ticket for Dublin :

HLYHD STENA CIV - No mention of Operator, just route Holyhead and Stena to Dublin.

It may be worth contacting GA directly, as they will be able to advise correctly.

GA : GREATER ANGLIA

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
The route on these fares has included the word "ANGLIA" since the earliest NFM I have - NFM95 - back when the franchise was known as "ONE".

gordonthemoron

Established Member
when I did this (in 2009) I had to buy a separate ticket from Peterborough to Ely and the Dutch Flyer started from there, so it seems to be from stations operated (rather than served) by GA, I bought the ticket over the phone direct from the TOC

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
The Peterborough fares appear to only have been added in the past year - they weren't there in NFM08 or NFM09, but are there in NFM11 (I don't have a copy of NFM10).

Status
Not open for further replies.