• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Galway to Limerick - canna find the fare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Since I'm having great difficulty finding out, would anyone be able to help me work this one out?

On Sunday I'll be travelling from Galway to Limerick but I still haven't got a ticket. Despite it appparently being Intercity all the way, online fares haven't been available. Fair enough, no cheap Advance fares then, but it also refuses to tell me how much it'll cost me.

Maybe I've looked in the wrong place, but wasn't IE supposed to have gone over to different bands for pricing, depending on where/when you travelled last year?

I'll have to buy on the day by the looks of it for sure, and I've over 2 hours in Galway to have a wander around and down some black stuff (:D) between arriving from Dublin and leaving for Limerick so plenty of time to buy the ticket. Only thing is I don't want to get there and find the fare's some ridiculous amount more than I'm expecting. Originally I thought it would be around €25, but that doesn't seem likely somehow. I need to get my Euros on Friday ready for the trip so really could do with having an idea of how many I'll need.

Thanks in advance all :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PFX

It's a station only fare and it will cost you €21 regardless of which service you get on Sunday, so you weren't too far off with your thinking.

Ádh mór.

Last edited:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Nice one. I eventually looked again and sure enough, couldn't find it so contacted IE, who told me the same as you. €21 isn't too bad for the distance, shame I don't have the mileage figures for the West Coastway!

4SRKT

Established Member
Nice one. I eventually looked again and sure enough, couldn't find it so contacted IE, who told me the same as you. €21 isn't too bad for the distance, shame I don't have the mileage figures for the West Coastway!

I do somewhere at home.

D6975

Established Member
Limerick-Athenry via Ennis is 60.05 miles according to the ITG.

Status
Not open for further replies.