• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Games Travelcard for 2012 Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capybara

Bear with me; I think it's in the correct forum. I received my Olympic Games tickets today and they come with a Zones 1-9 Travelcard for the day. I've looked through the accompanying documentation and can't find anything regarding validity other than that you have to have your Games ticket with you. I have a Monday afternoon event so will the Travelcard be valid in, say, the morning peak? Could be good for the odd Parliamentary perhaps?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
http://www.london2012.com/spectators/travel/games-travelcard/

It is valid "on the day of your event" so I would therefore assume it commences at midnight, and remains valid until 0429 on the following day. (0429 is when the ticketing day now ends, this includes Travelcards. Midnight to 0429 is an overlap when tickets valid for the previous day and also the current day are both valid).

I can't find any details for an off peak version of this product, so I can only guess that there isn't an off peak version.

34D

Established Member
Bear with me; I think it's in the correct forum. I received my Olympic Games tickets today and they come with a Zones 1-9 Travelcard for the day. I've looked through the accompanying documentation and can't find anything regarding validity other than that you have to have your Games ticket with you. I have a Monday afternoon event so will the Travelcard be valid in, say, the morning peak? Could be good for the odd Parliamentary perhaps?

Can't add to yorkie's answer, but a couple of tangential points:

These special tickets are valid on HS1 from St Pancras to Stratford Int (normal travelcards are not)

You may be able to save a bit on your ticket from home to London by buying to boundary zone 6 (or the appropriate station)

Capybara

Thanks and some interesting points. I take it the validity for travel outside zones 1-9 will be only if you have a ticket for the particular event. And I hadn't picked up on the validity on HS1. My events aren't at Stratford but if I was of a mind (and I'm not) I could, presumably, spend some time shuttling back and forth between St Pancras and Stratford? I might give it one journey mind.

Oh and thanks 34D but I live in Zones 1 & 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.