• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Games where you run a company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry42

Hi,

Don't get me wrong-I love train simulator games but...

Are there any games out there where you manage your own train company (eg choose routes, rolling stock, employ staff etc.)

There is an airline and airport version

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Yew

Established Member
Google OpenTTD, that's pretty close..

GatwickDepress

Established Member
As is Simutrans, particularly pak 128 Britain.

Sadly there hasn't been a game where you micromanage staff and whatnot. Be wonderful if one was ever made.

Lrd

Established Member
I know it's not trains but still a very good game. Euro Truck Simulator 2, definitely worth checking out.

richw

Veteran Member
I know it's not trains but still a very good game. Euro Truck Simulator 2, definitely worth checking out.

Indeed I enjoy this game very much, it pushed rail simulator down my playing pecking order.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor

Got to agree, it's excellent - though I've neglected it a bit lately.

There's a cost involved, but if you enjoy micro-management then there are a few airline management games out there, such as AirwaySim.

MCR247

Established Member
Yes I would also recommend AirwaySim* as I play it and I would definitely say it is worth what you have to pay in credits since it isn't actually all that expensive :)

*By clicking this link you even get 10% of your first purchase of "credits" to play the game!

Last edited:

Bungle73

On Moderation
What about that old classic, Railroad Tycoon? A bit old now though. I used to play it for hours back in my Amiga days.

harry42

Hynod, that looks good!

What detail is World of Subways: Circle line in? Is it just driving? Where is the cheapest place to get this?!

Bungle73

On Moderation
Hynod, that looks good!

What detail is World of Subways: Circle line in? Is it just driving? Where is the cheapest place to get this?!

It's a driving simulator (although you can walk around the train and platforms), for the Circle Line only (at least for the Circle Line version)

If you get it from Just Trains you earn points you can redeem against other purchases. For some reason the download version is more expensive than the boxed version though. :?

TheEdge

Established Member
What about that old classic, Railroad Tycoon? A bit old now though. I used to play it for hours back in my Amiga days.

Railroad Tycoon II robbed me of most of my free time as a child. London-Slough connecting the pig farm and meat plant that always spawned there! :lol:

Tomnick

Established Member
Hynod, that looks good!

World of Subways (the London one at least) looks good, but the level of operational realism is terrible.

Last edited:

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
World of Subways (the London one at least) looks good, but the level of operational realism is terrible.

I do actually own WOS 3 (London) but having done one round trip on the Circle, I feel like I've run out of things to do - plus, even on a decent system like mine it seems to lag terribly at complex junctions (not a problem I experience with any other game!). It's not bad for an hour or twos entertainment, but doesn't feel worth the price tag in all honesty - the tunnels aren't even remotely realistic, though the stations are!

D365

Veteran Member
Would Railway Valley count? Basically a series of online flash games where one must provide rail links between settlements in an area over a period of time starting in 1800 to allow passenger and goods trains to run automatically. Simple to get the hang of but more difficult to master - one must ensure trains are set to the correct destination and avoid each other at all costs.

HSTEd

Veteran Member
OpenTTD is amazing. (A reengineered Transport Tycoon Deluxe)

Status
Not open for further replies.