• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Garden Planter. (GWR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vendepac

My other half recently bought me a garden planter on an auction site. After we jet washed it I investigated its likeness and discovered it is remarkably similar to the GWR Class 1400 tank.
So I set about some further investigation and came up with the colour scheme which I have enclosed a couple of pics of. Although there are some discrepancies it is a remarkable likeness for a concrete construction
I've never seen one before!! Has anyone any previous experience of them? Cheers LesIMG_0856.JPGIMG_0859.JPG

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bertone

These concrete items are sold by a company just up the road from me in Hertfordshire.
Must admit Les, that it looks very good painted up and now tempted to invest in one.

I did originally say that they are produced by the local company but cant be sure as they sell so many different pieces and the site / garden centre looks quite small for a manufacturing unit.

Last edited:
They are very nice, and have always bugged me that they seem to be missing a '1' at the start of the number.

1450 is one of the preserved members of the class.

vendepac

They are very nice, and have always bugged me that they seem to be missing a '1' at the start of the number.

1450 is one of the preserved members of the class.
I took my inspiration from the "Tivvy Bumper" in the Tiverton Museum. I was disappointed with the number, but have forgiven them as the casting has great detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.