• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Garforth Blackpool 18/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

woody505

Wanting to travel Garforth too Blackpool tomorrow we only get the direct train on a Sunday now :( double checkered my itinery can't find any possible route after 3pm all say canceled on national rail but northern rail don't list it as cancelled train. If I have a northern only ticket not via Manchester if all the Northern trains are cancelled can I travel via Manchester on a trans penine?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
What exactly is printed on your ticket?

An itinerary on Northern only is as follows

1546 Garforth - Hebden BRidge
1705 Hebden Bridge - Preston
1917 Preston - Blackpool North

Silverdale

If you chose not to travel because of delays or cancellations you are entitled to a refund. You would need return the unused ticket and claim the refund from whichever company sold you the ticket.

gray1404

Established Member
I am assuming you have the ticket which is routed VIA BURNLEY M RD. You are still able to use TPE services using this ticket, not just Northern. You just need to ensure you do actually travel as per the route restriction on the ticket.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I am assuming you have the ticket which is routed VIA BURNLEY M RD. You are still able to use TPE services using this ticket, not just Northern. You just need to ensure you do actually travel as per the route restriction on the ticket.
But if you do not, the excess is half the difference between the fare paid and the lowest priced ticket which is valid via Manchester, and the price is no greater on board the train.

Veteran Member

I think the OP wishes to travel today when TPE do not stop at Garforth; from Leeds via Burnley is wholly Northern apart from the odd GC between Bradford and Halifax.

@woody505 the bus replacement is due to engineering works at Blackburn according to NR.

A Challenge

Established Member
I take it Garforth - Burnley Manchester Road - Manchester - Preston - Blackpool isn't valid?

Veteran Member
I take it Garforth - Burnley Manchester Road - Manchester - Preston - Blackpool isn't valid?
Interesting point, no idea if it's legal.. But by the time the OP has got to BYM on the bus to PRE (or even the train, there's little point in retracing their steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.