• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Garston Ford Car Train Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dixie

I was out getting some exercise by the Land Rover factory in Halewood this morning when the Ford car train for Garston went by. It was being pulled by a Scotrail liveried class 90 followed by what looked like a dead in train class 92 (it could have been a class 60 I suppose, as I wasn't able to get a long enough clear look).

Is this normally now a class 92 turn and does anyone know what time it normally runs and what the loco does after delivering it.

According to Real Train Times it is the 695N 0032 Dagenham Dock Reception to Garston(Speke) T.C. - traction is supposed to be a diesel.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Freightmaster

Established Member
That train (6X41 is the correct headcode) has been electrically hauled for years;
in fact, I have just dug out an old 1998 edition of Freightmaster and it was shown
as being worked by an 'RfD 90' in those days...

These days it can be a 90 or 92 (or both, as you saw!)

There are rumours that GB will be taking it over soon, but even if they did,
it would presumably remain electrically hauled using one of GB's 92s?

MARK

Established Member
That train (6X41 is the correct headcode) has been electrically hauled for years;
in fact, I have just dug out an old 1998 edition of Freightmaster and it was shown
as being worked by an 'RfD 90' in those days...
And worked by a class 85 before that since the wires went up through Camden Road in 1987.

The loco(s) go back to Crewe Electric depot as 0K41 and return as 0L48 for the afternoon departure back to Dagenham - it may or may not be the same same one(s) as the train is used by DBS to move locos between Wembley and Crewe as required.

Status
Not open for further replies.