• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gascgoine Wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sbahn4

having just got train that went past Gascgoine Wood, for the first time in ages. i was surprised to see it packed with rolling stock, of various liverys.

anyone aware of why or what they are doing there?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

skyhigh

Established Member
having just got train that went past Gascgoine Wood, for the first time in ages. i was surprised to see it packed with rolling stock, of various liverys.

anyone aware of why or what they are doing there?
It's just a storage location. Pacers were stored there before scrap, LNER HSTs were stored there before scrap/going to EMR. It has the advantage of being fairly secure. I believe it's mostly off lease 321s there at the moment?

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
It's just a storage location. Pacers were stored there before scrap, LNER HSTs were stored there before scrap/going to EMR. It has the advantage of being fairly secure. I believe it's mostly off lease 321s there at the moment?
Yep, loads of 321s in various liveries, a solitary Northern Pacer, some assorted wagons and carriages and a few 68+Mk5 sets.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Are there any plans for the solitary 142 ?

It would make a nice depot pet !

AndyDeltic19

I went past yesterday on the train, the TPE stock had no locos and none were visible anywhere so I am still hunting 028 and 029.

alexl92

Established Member
Why are TPE storing 68s & MK5 sets there? Seems very out of the way from any of TPE's depots.

J-P_L

Why are TPE storing 68s & MK5 sets there? Seems very out of the way from any of TPE's depots.
It’s being used as a location for crew training on the 68s and MK5s (out of the way so no noise complaints when the locos are running all day to power the coaches).

alexl92

Established Member
It’s being used as a location for crew training on the 68s and MK5s (out of the way so no noise complaints when the locos are running all day to power the coaches).
Thanks, that makes total sense.

lincolnshire

They certainly are not quiet loco,s them, best place for them out in the sticks and a definate lack of houses at Gascoinge Wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.