• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gate lamp burners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wikipedia

Hi all,

I have decided to undertake a project to create an LED "burner" for a set of gate lamps and was wondering if anyone happens to know the dimensions for the base and the height to the focus point? Inches/Centimetres/Millimetres all accepted!!
I would go and measure the ones they are replacing but I can't get to them for a while!!

Thanks all in advance!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John Webb

Established Member
Hi all,

I have decided to undertake a project to create an LED "burner" for a set of gate lamps and was wondering if anyone happens to know the dimensions for the base and the height to the focus point? Inches/Centimetres/Millimetres all accepted!!
I would go and measure the ones they are replacing but I can't get to them for a while!!

Thanks all in advance!!
There was no standard for gate lamps - each company made or bought something to their own specification - so regrettably for your purpose you will probably need to actually measure the particular lamps you will be converting to get these dimensions.
At St Albans South we've had some success in using warm white LEDs for signal lamps, although we needed to add a 'Chrome yellow' stage lighting filter to get the best colour, particularly for the green lights obtained from the blue spectacle/yellow lamp combination. (Although that probably doesn't apply to gate lamps!)
The one gate light we do have we use with its oil burner as a demonstration of the small amount of light these gave in daylight!

Wikipedia

I had a feeling that might be the case but thank you anyway!
Given that the lenses are red it shouldn't be an issue to obtain the correct colour!

Status
Not open for further replies.