• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gateline Assistant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulgaris

Hi All

I will be starting as Gateline on the 11th April after the rigorous entry hurdles,
Just wondering on what training I should be expecting, I.e do I go to Reading for a few weeks to do the training or is it all on my local station?

Worth knowing a few bits before the big day

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Shelleyjaney

Which company ? I start Monday GWR training is all over the place .

Last edited:

Vulgaris

With GWR at st Davids Exeter, just seeing if I can get a heads up on where and what the training is like

trolleyman

Some training could be done at the Training School at St Phillips Marsh Bristol.
Unsure if they train gate line staff there but then I used it for driver training they had driver, TM/Conductor, and the Apprentices. I'm sure there was a platform and catering course too

Shelleyjaney

Nearing end of initial training , people from all over region at training ,London , Plymouth Wales Southampton etc all travelled to Swindon for first couple of weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.