• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GatEx 387/2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveZodiac

Hi, I'm looking for some information about the make-up of the GatEx 387/2s, please. I have had a look at the formations page here (http://www.class387.co.uk/formations.php) but it does not tally 100% with the data I have. If folk here can help, I'd be really grateful.

Q1: Is the numbering convention on the aforementioned page correct?
- i.e. is it 421... = DMOS-A, 422... = PTSOL, 423... = MSOL, 424... = DMOS-B?

Q2: Which vehicle(s) have First Class?

Q3: Which vehicle(s) might be marked as being 'accessible'?
- i.e. which vehicle(s) have space and facilities for wheelchair users etc. and are they marked on the doors as such?

Thank you!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hwl

Established Member
On Q3, the wheelchair spaces and toilet are in the pantograph car, accessed from the doors at the opposite end to the pantograph. The wheel chair spaces are just towards the centre of the car from those doors with the toilet to the other side of the doors.

aleggatta

Q1: Is the numbering convention on the aforementioned page correct?
- i.e. is it 421... = DMOS-A, 422... = PTSOL, 423... = MSOL, 424... = DMOS-B?
no, this is incorrect, DMOS A is 421, MOSL, 422, PTOSL 423, and DMOS B 424.
Q2: Which vehicle(s) have First Class?
DMOS A only.

aleggatta

just having had a look through that website, it seems to be completely out of date, doesn't show the /2s or /3s being built and doesn't show the extra /1s after the speculative order, the whole thing looks like its been mothballed by the owner...

Status
Not open for further replies.