• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gatwick Airport Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

deecee16

Has anyone been through Gatwick Airport station within the last couple of weeks and noticed how busy the ticket hall is and whether there is still a single queuing system for the ticket machines?
There are a couple of new self service ticket machines that I want to get tickets from and assume I'll have to queue and when I get to the front let others pass until one of the machines becomes free. Then queue again to get the other machine.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

johncrossley

Established Member
Has anyone been through Gatwick Airport station within the last couple of weeks and noticed how busy the ticket hall is and whether there is still a single queuing system for the ticket machines?
There are a couple of new self service ticket machines that I want to get tickets from and assume I'll have to queue and when I get to the front let others pass until one of the machines becomes free. Then queue again to get the other machine.

I was there on Thursday afternoon and there was literally no one at the ticket machines. Also, they've only got two (or maybe three) ticket windows now and I've never seen anyone queuing at those since before Covid.

deecee16

Have you see the ticket machine yet? I bought a barcode ticket from there this morning for novelty value.
Yes I was there last week, the place was deserted.
Bought a ticket from both machines but they don't show machine numbers so tickets from both are indistinguishable and no doubt all printing will fade within a couple of months.

Attachments

• Evoke Creative (Gatwick Airport).jpg
    Evoke Creative (Gatwick Airport).jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 137
Status
Not open for further replies.