• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gatwick Airport to Swindon

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Wake

Hi all,
Travelling from Gatwick Airport to Swindon and back on 6th August, travelling out at 0803 to arrive 0959, back at 1741 to arrive at 1950. I have a 16-25 railcard so currently advances are £5.60 each way.

My question is, how do I go about reserving seat A73 (or one of the seats on that row) from Reading to Swindon? On the way back I might just sit in the unreserved coach as I always like to be as close to the front as possible. Can I select a certain seat on any booking engines, or would I be best placed to try telesales?

Telesales were actually really helpful last Sunday when I booked tickets for my Mum and Grandparents to go to Paignton, reserving me seats near the doors as my Nan can't walk far.

Thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Telesales or book at a station. I'd imagine an 9 am down train on Saturday to be pretty quiet though unless there's a big event on, so the far end of coach A is unlikely to be taken.

island

Veteran Member
Best bet is to pop round your local staffed station and book there.

Status
Not open for further replies.