• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gatwick Express/London to Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

evil_hippo

I just hope it is of good quality. You can have a massive route put out in a few weeks and it isn't enjoyable. I don't know how much work went into Charing X-Gillingham but I don't like it, despite its extent (and the decent lookign stations) because of the lack of accurate scenery.

Jordy

Established Member
That looks very interesting, thanks for the heads up and keep us updated please!!

Jordy

Coxster

Established Member
1288gaje said:
<D Diesel ,More like ;)
...or Shane's mate just hasn't got around to electrifying it yet. It clearly says there will be Thameslink and Southern runs!

The Snap

Established Member
evil_hippo said:
I just hope it is of good quality. You can have a massive route put out in a few weeks and it isn't enjoyable. I don't know how much work went into Charing X-Gillingham but I don't like it, despite its extent (and the decent lookign stations) because of the lack of accurate scenery.

I think you'll find the Charing X-Gillingham is a Semi-Fictional route... ;)

The route does sounds good, and if Shane's mate has the MSTS version, he should be able to code it acuratly! :D

T

Tom

The MSTS version is not very accurate.

A DEV will suffice for this. :)

traveller1030

RichardH said:
evil_hippo said:

I think you'll find the Charing X-Gillingham is a Semi-Fictional route... ;)

True, but I found the trackwork very recognisable, even if some distances were out... I just used that oft-forgotten tool called imagination to picture where I was in my mind's eye. ;)

Coxster

Established Member
As for the Charing Cross to Gillingham route, as said above, this was a semi-fictional route. Also, it was not 100% finished. It was simply released as the author didn't have enough time to finish it completely but it is at the stage that it is still enjoyable.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Too right. I enjoyed storming 37408 down it a while ago. I even enjoyed driving a 150 down it!

In any case, London to Brighton sounds good. I recall someone else was going to code Victoria to East Croydon, but after a couple of screenshots, that was it. Same for another route I was getting excited about...

I must sort out my PC so I can play BVE again!

andrewmay

Would be very nice to see this route made but, as said before, it is a big task and may be a bit ambitious for it to be made well. Keep up the work on it.

Cheers,
Andrew

The Snap

Established Member
ChrisA said:
Where can i lay my hands on this Charing X - Gillingham route?

Cheers!

The route isn't on a site as such, Sacha just post the link on TTF a while back. I'll try and find the page! :D

EDIT: Found it! Quote from TTF, including link! :D Perhaps this should be stickied, as the link might disapear off TTF soon! :?:

Sacha Dodd has uploaded a BETA of his semi-fictional London to Gillingham via Lewisham & Dartford route.

See: http://www.superduper.eclipse.co.uk/New_Southern.zip

This route requires Steve Green's fictional Southern route to be installed as some objects are used from it. You can download that from http://www.trainsimcentral.co.uk

class 313

Established Member
on the charing-x line there is some minor things as londonbridge staion is straight when it should be curved also trains do go that way into kent from charing x only from victoria. for that brighton to london route sounds nice (just like the msts version did) but like other people have said it needs to be enjoyable, mayb extending the thameslink route to london bridge and beyond (st albans?), i have yet to see a proper thameslink route for bve, if there is one please say!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.