• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gatwick Express OBS Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwest123

Hello,

Was hoping I would be able to get some help regarding Gatwick Express On Board Supervisors?

1. Where are the depots (do they share any with Southern OBS?)
2. What routes and traction do they sign? (at each depot)
3. Could someone attach a sample schedule card so I can see a typical OBS shift?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SurreySun

Depot is Gatwick Airport.
They are OBS so don’t sign routes specifically. You can be sent anywhere on the network.
Your Gatwick express work will be Gatwick to London Victoria and back all day every day. No stops. on 387s.
At the moment due to Covid they are doing southern services Brighton to Victoria as Gatwick express services aren’t running.
Sometimes you might be given a portion of a southern OBS job, then you could end up anywhere between London and Southampton or Hastings.

mwest123

Depot is Gatwick Airport.
They are OBS so don’t sign routes specifically. You can be sent anywhere on the network.
Your Gatwick express work will be Gatwick to London Victoria and back all day every day. No stops. on 387s.
At the moment due to Covid they are doing southern services Brighton to Victoria as Gatwick express services aren’t running.
Sometimes you might be given a portion of a southern OBS job, then you could end up anywhere between London and Southampton or Hastings.
Thank you. I was told there was an OBS depot at Redhill too?

Status
Not open for further replies.