• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gb rail trainee drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Yellowbelly

Hi. Read through and it says essential criteria “psychometric tests already passed” does this mean that persons who haven’t sat any tests previously are excluded from applying? If so that reads to me like they wish to take on persons that have failed the recruitment process at some stage but passed the tests? Any help on this would be much appreciated

Gemz91

Drop them an email, [email protected], they can only say no, but no point wasting time in filling the application form in if they're just going to say no. I've just emailed them asking something, still waiting on a reply, so not sure if anyone actually checks that email address, but I'm sure they do.

xtradj

I believe you do have to have passed the tests within five years to be applicable for this role.

SquarePeg

Probably looking to tempt folk from a talent pool as opposed to recruiting those that have failed.

Tyrion

And thus saving a fortune putting guys and gals through an assessment centre

GB

Established Member
There is a huge recruitment drive going on at the moment and this is simply wanting to get new drivers up and running as soon as possible. Its also the reason they have done away with the 2yr groundstaff requirement and have opened the doors to those off the street.

Cyclist

So within 60 minutes of Leicester AND psychometrics completed? I wonder how many people even fit that criteria and apply. Probably the 6 they want but not many more.

Yellowbelly

There is a huge recruitment drive going on at the moment and this is simply wanting to get new drivers up and running as soon as possible. Its also the reason they have done away with the 2yr groundstaff requirement and have opened the doors to those off the street.
Will there be more vacancies opening up then?

Lincdsg

I meet the criteria for this but not sure whether to apply, I don't really know anything about freight drivers but whatever I've read on these forums make it sound like it's not a good job, does anybody have any insight for why this is?

When I did my psychometric I did the mmi at the same time at the end of the day

I think that's quite unusual going by what people have written on this forum. The DMI and MMI seem to be on different days from the other tests simply due to time constraints.

Lincdsg

I think that's quite unusual going by what people have written on this forum. The DMI and MMI seem to be on different days from the other tests simply due to time constraints.
Oh ok, to be fair there was only me and one other person when i did the psychometric do maybe that's why i did it all

Yes the mmi is a part of the psychometric test.

Yes I know, but there are a core set of tests that you need to complete before you do the MMI and some TOCs require you to do a DMI before the MMI. I suppose my point was whether GBRf are looking for the core set of tests or those plus the MMI. I suspect it is the latter but its not obvious.

I would imagine that GBrF want the lot. Either attracting those in talent pools or those who have paid to get them privately.

Yellowbelly

I would imagine that GBrF want the lot. Either attracting those in talent pools or those who have paid to get them privately.
How do you pay for them privately and how much do they cost? Do they also jump you ahead in the queue?

Dave Tasty

Has this been taken down? I cannot find it anywhere. The only advert I found was for a qualified driver. Would appreciate a link.

xtradj

It was there yesterday doesn’t seem to be there now. Did originally say closing Sunday

DB Schenker used to offer the psychometric tests privately for a few hundred of your british pounds, not sure if they still do but I imagine they do. They only allow you to skip to the DMI, they don't necessarily speed things up. Also, some tocs require a higher standard so you might end up having to redo them, probably not worth going the private route although I know people who have and it worked for them.

They received enough applications so took the ad down, standard practice.

ExMover

It said on the ad that they would take it down early if they had enough applicants.

red2005

based on the fact it's been taken down early I would have to agree!

Yes I agree mate? Most densely populated areas have quite a few people in that situation, let alone within 60 minutes of one.

There’s lots of people trying to be train drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.