• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GB Railfreight Trainee Drivers - West Midlands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

martin2345uk

Established Member
Interesting this one, I can't say I've seen many TOCs/FOCs advertise for trainee drivers who've already passed the psychometrics....!

Seejwalker

Interesting this one, I can't say I've seen many TOCs/FOCs advertise for trainee drivers who've already passed the psychometrics....!
Unless they've been clever enough to pick up on those who are in the candidate pool limbo currently with other TOCs/FOCs

Tom Quinne

On Moderation
It makes sense for GB to try and tap into recent DB/FL recruitment freezes, there’ll be dozens of people with assessment results literally chomping at the bit, however I wonder if a assessment result trumps no A levels which are required ?

Firestarter

It makes sense for GB to try and tap into recent DB/FL recruitment freezes, there’ll be dozens of people with assessment results literally chomping at the bit, however I wonder if a assessment result trumps no A levels which are required ?
Only way to find out is to apply i would guess

Tom Quinne

On Moderation
Not me, driving isn’t my bag.
Best of luck to anyone going for it though, GB “seem” like one of the best all in all firms to work for especially on the freight side.

TGreen

Have passed all my tests and am currently in the talent pool with Freightliner for Birmingham. Also have three A Levels and a degree. Going to send my application off for this tomorrow.

martin2345uk

Established Member
Have passed all my tests and am currently in the talent pool with Freightliner for Birmingham. Also have three A Levels and a degree. Going to send my application off for this tomorrow.

Was made for you mate :) go for it!!

MidlandsChap

Good strategy to specify applicants must have passed the tests , will be plenty on hold with other companies keen to get a foot in the cab.

When they say "west midlands" can anybody clarify the depots?

Tom Quinne

On Moderation
GB don’t operate depots as such “West Midlands” incorporates a number of terminal or yards where you would relieve from.

Landlord Street, Birch Copice, Hams Hall, Bescot to name but a few.

train_lover

GB operate hubs just like DB. The hub central location could be a motorway service station and you are to travel x amount of miles from the hub location to pick up your train. This was all explained to me by a GB driver but I cannot remember the exact details.

GB

Established Member
GBRf do operate depots, a certain amount of jobs in all depots will have jobs booking on/off at home or enroute. Those that book on off at home or enroute will be provided with transport (company van, hire car, taxi) and maybe required to travel 30 minutes in their own time either side of the shift. Hams Hall (or its close station Coleshill Parkway) is predominately the booking on and off for the majority of jobs for West Midlands...where you are required to relieve at another location such as Landor St or Bescot you will again be driving a company vehicle or traveling on passenger trains to/from Coleshill Parkway.

Stigy

Established Member
I was alerted of this by email yesterday, was going to post it myself but the link wouldn’t work at the time so I assumed it was so popular they closed it almost as soon as it went live.

Good luck to anyone applying...but far north for me :(

bwlv9

@Konik states this post has been interviewed for already even though the advert is still live.

Anyone heard anything?

TGreen

@Konik states this post has been interviewed for already even though the advert is still live.

Anyone heard anything?

I applied two weeks ago and haven’t heard anything.

I’ve just sent their recruitment department an email asking for an update on the position. Will let you know if I hear anything.

train_lover

I too haven't heard anything. However, someone I work with had a interview for this position last week.

Konik

They were inviting people for an interview via phone call. It might be still open, however few people been interviewed last week in Birmingham.

TGreen

Does anyone know if these positions were filled?

I emailed them asking this. No reply. Since the start date was May and taking into account medicals and notice people have to give on jobs I would presume so.

train_lover

I emailed them asking this. No reply. Since the start date was May and taking into account medicals and notice people have to give on jobs I would presume so.

I know of 2 people who have had interviews over the last couple of week's for this position. I personally haven't heard anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.