• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gb railfreight trainee train driver west midlands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

steve1981

Results are few days to go to employer.if you log into your gbrf online profile you can see your progression.mine says under review 29/4/19 which is the date my medical results got to gb. Just a waiting game now

lampsr5

I havent got a clue mate tbh I applied through a different site so whenever I "log in" to the GB site it says i havent applied for any jobs. Tbh they told me exactly the same a week or so ago so it's just sit tight now gents.

Medical takes about an hour or so btw

lampsr5

I missed the wmt intake gutted about it as another option ain't it! fairplay dude hopefully u hear something soon then

BMoore

Hey guys, I had my medical a few weeks back but have not herd back from it yet. have you herd back about your medicals? or did you have to chase it up?

Konik

Just check your online account and see if date changed, if it changed to date after your medical it means they received your medical report.

BMoore

@Konik i tried that but it says I got no vacancies against my name which it did before I had my medical I think someone else had the same sinario?

lampsr5

@Konik i tried that but it says I got no vacancies against my name which it did before I had my medical I think someone else had the same sinario?

Hi mate that's possibly me, I havent been able to access an online account throughout pretty much the whole process. I'd just give them a call

steve1981

I've had same issue few times, don't know why but try this
Go to gbrf home page and select vacancies
Then select hq jobs
Then log in and select dashboard
Previous job application will now show
Worked for me
If it works save the link to homepage to use quickly in future to check status
Hope it works for you guys

BMoore

@steve1981 thanks for that, it says ‘under review’ and the date is after my medical so guess were just waiting for a call now then

BMoore

Course not, let us know what they say saves everyone ringing up and hastening them lol

lampsr5

sorry mate I havent to be honest been conscious of hassling them too much as I'd already made a few calls before. It's someone else's turn now haha

Blueben

Would an email not be a better way to proceed? That way they can answer you when they get chance?

By calling them you look keen, but you could also catch them at the wrong time.
Proceed with caution

Konik

I sent email while ago and never had any answer, so I'm just being patient, if they say they will sort It, we need to assume it will be sooner or later :) all rail industry is kind of slow in dealing with recruitment, mainly due to shortage of driver instructors.

Konik

Lady, who deals with our recruitment is on annual leave atm till end of the week.

BMoore

Had a call not long ago. They are still waiting to finalise a contract which the trainee vacancies are contingent on. They are hoping to have an answer prob in a month so let’s prey they get that contract

steve1981

Lady from hr just called to pretty much say they are waiting for confirmation of new business before committing to offering us contracts, sounds like 7 or 8 in the talent pool with 90% chance of jobs.hopefully we will be told soon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.