• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gb railfreight trainee train driver west midlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Quinne

On Moderation
Be very weary of jobs based on new contracts being won...I was in the same position with DRS about the years ago, 12 months with little bits of information laced with hope only to be dropped like a hot stone (no response to calls or emails) when it didn't happen.

A colleague and I went all the way through the trainee process, offered jobs subject to the new contract being won as well.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom Quinne

On Moderation
Lady from hr just called to pretty much say they are waiting for confirmation of new business before committing to offering us contracts, sounds like 7 or 8 in the talent pool with 90% chance of jobs.hopefully we will be told soon

90% Chance of a job/contract being won, GN have form for over optimism (Mendip contract) so don’t count your chickens yet mate.

bwlv9

90% chance of winning the contract or 90% chance of being given a job out of the pool if they win the contract?

steve1981

From what i can gather the contract is just being finalised, guess we will see won't we, they just spent 850,000 on 3 new training rooms and simulator so I don't think they will not use it all, hopefully lol

lampsr5

From what i can gather the contract is just being finalised, guess we will see won't we, they just spent 850,000 on 3 new training rooms and simulator so I don't think they will not use it all, hopefully lol

Tbh had a similar conversation earlier and was told pretty much the same. Theres a few of us in the waiting area after completing medicals which means we are definitely wanted by GB but just waiting on further information from the contract..God I hope its soon lol

UPS1550

will they let you relocate to within 60 mins of a depot if you don't already live there ? Some TOC/ Foc don't seem to allow this for some reason.
Also can anyone actually use there website? Seems to have been broken last 2 weeks:{

66701GBRF

I hope the business contracts are not Biffa related as word on the grapevine is that GBRF will not be running those services much longer.

bwlv9

I hope the business contracts are not Biffa related as word on the grapevine is that GBRF will not be running those services much longer.

Are the Biffa contracts West Midlands based as that is where these jobs were advertised for?

Last edited:

TTD85

GBRf have just announced another new contract. Must need some drivers soon...

“In partnership with @PDPorts, we're delighted to have launched a new Intermodal service between Teesport & Doncaster, for their customer @_Containerships. This twice-daily service will carry 56 boxes, reducing CO2 emissions and increase sustainability.”

bwlv9

GBRf have just announced another new contract. Must need some drivers soon...

“In partnership with @PDPorts, we're delighted to have launched a new Intermodal service between Teesport & Doncaster, for their customer @_Containerships. This twice-daily service will carry 56 boxes, reducing CO2 emissions and increase sustainability.”

Great news for GBRF, just wonder how much this will affect the need for West Midlands drivers being a northern based contract.

Last edited:

steve1981

Very good news.just had a 47 light engine sat in my platform passing through worcester.had a good chat with the driver and he seems very happy with gbrf, retired and came back to do 2 days a week so they must look after staff well

steve1981

Update for those in the talent pool,
Spoke to HR today and there is no start date for us as yet, she will keep us informed when she can

steve1981

Update, gbrf are waiting to see how much new business they have won for the hs2 project and depending on how much they win will determine how many drivers are trained in both bhm and London.word is they should be told in August so fingers crossed people

TTD85

It’s difficult to wait this out! Had my interview in March and still don’t know what the situation will be :(

TTD85

Wonder what the hold up is re: course start dates etc. Recently opened up Trainee Driver vacancies at other depots so must be some reason why they’re delaying the West Midlands vacancies!

Status
Not open for further replies.