• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gb railfreight trainee train driver west midlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTD85

Well I did ask what my role would be and was told I would be employed as a “Trainee Train Driver”

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

steve1981

Yeah I asked same question, I think few weeks learning ground staff role then actually hands on until the driver course starts, brand new training rooms and simulator at Peterborough so cant wait,plus we get put up in hotel ect

TTD85

Will be good - wonder how many people from the RO course on the 2nd Dec will be going forward to the Trainee Driver course?

I asked the question when I got the call. We will have Driver contracts but will have to train as ground staff first. That training should finish in February with the driver course starting in February.

TTD85

I just hope that the clothes they give us are insulated!! Going to be cold!

steve1981

Anyone interested in the what's app group private msg me your name and number and just to prove your starting on the 2nd include the woman's name that has been dealing with our recruitment
People starting on the 2nd only please!

SCREAMR28

I have been in the same job for the past 12 years or so, 7 years as an LGV 1 driver and 5 years bulk liquid/dry logistics including part of on site management team overseeing 3 sites.

TTD85

Wonder when we’ll get the information as to where the initial training will be. Hopefully soon. Anyone reckon we’ll have Christmas and New Year off (not likely!!)

SCREAMR28

Wonder when we’ll get the information as to where the initial training will be. Hopefully soon. Anyone reckon we’ll have Christmas and New Year off (not likely!!)

A little over 3 weeks to go, hopefully soon.

C001

Gbrf training is normally at Peterborough as far as I’m aware .

C001

There was some uncertainty whether the course would be in Birmingham or Peterborough but heard nothing concrete yet

no worries .. wasn’t to sure but I was offered a course there in September ... and wasn’t suitable so didn’t know if they done it elsewhere .

C001

Cheers thanks very much .. same to everyone else in this thread ! Words your oyster once you got the key !

crayzeuk

Hi All

Long time lurker on the forum as a whole, same as Ben, starting on 2nd with you all. Looking forward to it. Has anybody heard anything of time and location for the 2nd?
Regards
Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.