• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GBRF cleaning up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevillehill

GBRF have just got the last five 66s , plus I've been informed they are seeking a further 9 66s and 12 sets of stone wagons, anyone know what contracts there winning,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

furnessvale

Established Member
GBRF have just got the last five 66s , plus I've been informed they are seeking a further 9 66s and 12 sets of stone wagons, anyone know what contracts there winning,

Tarmac have reorganised their rail carryings and awarded 5 year contracts to several FOCs.

GBRF have won Thrislington, Swinden and Dry Rigg.

Tarmac are promising extra rail traffic all round, but I can't quite see it running to 9 extra 66s and 12 wagon rakes.

CosherB

Established Member

GBRf should go to DBS and ask how much they want for 9 off refurbished Super 60s! ;)

mwmbwls

Tarmac have reorganised their rail carryings and awarded 5 year contracts to several FOCs.

GBRF have won Thrislington, Swinden and Dry Rigg.

Tarmac are promising extra rail traffic all round, but I can't quite see it running to 9 extra 66s and 12 wagon rakes.

Under the new contracts, Colas Rail has been selected for the Dunbar cement works in East Lothian and will operate cement trains from Oxwellmains cement works, which is situated east of Edinburgh at the northern end of the East Coast Main Line (ECML).

GB Railfreight will operate aggregate trains from Swinden, Thrislington and Dry Rigg quarries in northern England, while Freightliner has been awarded a contract for aggregates operations for the Tunstead site in Derbyshire.

DB Schenker Rail will be responsible for operating trains from Mountsorrel quarry near Leicester, as well as trains from terminals at Moreton-on-Lugg, Whatley, Telford, Port Talbot, and in the London area.

Freightmaster

Established Member
ews past on good work to dbs, how did the manage to loose it,
Simple - the Tarmac North contract was 'competitively tendered'
and another FOC put in a lower bid than DB were prepared to do.

Furthermore, it's a complete myth that only DB lose traffic;
as per one of the above posts, FHH lost all the Oxwellmains
cement traffic to Colas - perhaps you should be asking how
thy managed to loose(sic) that contract?! ;)

MARK

Status
Not open for further replies.