• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GBRF Derailments (29/08)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave87016

Established Member
Today 2 GBRF locos derailed at different locations I would have thought long odds on two from the same company derailing in the same day but it happened

66714 derailed at Felixstowe whilst working the 4L02 Hamshall to Felixstowe and also 66765 derailed at Peterborough whilst working the Felixstowe to Selby

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GB

Established Member
Tell me about it...it has been chaos...though it was the a couple of wagons that derailed on 4L02 and rear wagon on 4Z78, not the locos.

The odds of having a derailment are slim. The odds of having two big derailments involving the same company, within 14 hours are tiny. The odds of both derailments being intermodal trains when we only have 6 (7 from next week) must be pretty astronomical.

Last edited:

dave87016

Established Member
Sorry I should have pointed out it was wagons rather than the locos. Cant imagine the chaos it must have caused in the areas where the incidents happened

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
The odds of having a derailment are slim. The odds of having two big derailments involving the same company, within 14 hours are tiny. The odds of both derailments being intermodal trains when we only have 6 (7 from next week) must be pretty astronomical.

...and the odds on both originating from the same place?

LAX54

Established Member
Hi.
Im going to be slightly careful here as i know some facts about this.
How did the Felixstowe train at Felixstowe come to be derailed?

That will of course be the subject of the investigation, alhtough I have heard that it could have been a possible track fault, and then when it got to the points.......

As for 'chaos' Colchester / Ipswich / Stowmarket and Parkeston looked like a Car Park for Freight ! 2 at Colchester, 2 at Parkeston, 4 at Ipswich, and 1 at Stowmarket.
The Stowmarket must have looked a bit odd, as it was 90 hauled and facing the down direction (in the loop)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.