• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GBRf - Rail Operators (Posession Work) - Cambridgeshire area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stigy

Established Member
GBRf Rail Operators

Can’t see this posted anywhere else. Good opportunity to join the railway and potentially kickstart your driving career? My favourite bit of this advert is at the end where it says there’s only two more questions to answer if you’re wondering if the job’s for you, followed by three questions :D

Knock yourselves out.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theironroad

Established Member
Lol, I wonder if the first question should be there or not as at the top it seems it's only for Broxbourne in East Anglia.

Also at top, it seems there are 10 positions they're hiring for.

Good luck to anyone applying.

GB

Established Member
Despite what the advert says, there will be no driving within possessions.

Stigy

Established Member
I must confess I didn’t read the advert that thoroughly so wasn’t sure if it said there would be driving, however it’s still a good step in that direction.

Tom Quinne

On Moderation
Examining wagons prior to the train leaving the T3 by the sounds of it, more or less permeant nights in the main as well. Lots of driving to the middle of nowhere, then the same back.

Positive being you’ll have access to the internal promotion ladder which does include the different assistant train manager jobs which lead to train manager proper.

michael74

At the bottom of the advert it says "Do you live in the East Anglia or Southwest England (depending on chosen location)?" Does anyone know where it means by the South West?

Stigy

Established Member
I see it asked if you’ve passed the driver Psychometric assessments recently though?

DRS66421

I see it asked if you’ve passed the driver Psychometric assessments recently though?
That's for the West Midlands vacancy. They don't appear to be looking for Psychometric passes for the Cambridgeshire vacancy.

Tom Quinne

On Moderation
If you have a valid driver assessment under your belt you can be fast tracked into a Mainline course subject to internal progress being to standard - a mate or mine was driving Mainline within 18months after starting as a terminal ops.

michael74

At the bottom of the advert it says "Do you live in the East Anglia or Southwest England (depending on chosen location)?" Does anyone know where it means by the South West?
Ahh it seems they have now altered the advert and it no longer mentions the South West.

Status
Not open for further replies.