• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GBRf Royal Scotsman working query

Status
Not open for further replies.

RKynaston

There was a Royal Scotsman working from Edinburgh to Aviemore yesterday (25th May), which appears to have started from Keith this morning going to Kyle of Lochalsh. But I cannot find any path on RTT from Aviemore to Keith overnight .. can anyone enlighten me as to what's happened please?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
There was a Royal Scotsman working from Edinburgh to Aviemore yesterday (25th May), which appears to have started from Keith this morning going to Kyle of Lochalsh. But I cannot find any path on RTT from Aviemore to Keith overnight .. can anyone enlighten me as to what's happened please?
It spent the night at Aviemore

The Keith times are bogus - see above - the link shows it reporting at Aviemore and Carrbridge this morning.

Veteran Member
Thanks for that. Thought something was odd!
There doesn't appear to be a Q (as required) in the timetable for the empties anyway, which suggests the arrangements are made ad hoc (VSTP/STP), probably to allow for overnight engineering work.

Highlandspring

Established Member
There doesn't appear to be a Q (as required) in the timetable for the empties anyway, which suggests the arrangements are made ad hoc (VSTP/STP), probably to allow for overnight engineering work.
It stabled at Boat of Garten overnight Monday into Tuesday as it suited the guest itinerary better (the off train activities have been affected by Covid restrictions).

Status
Not open for further replies.