• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GBRF Stockport/Manchester trainees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dr. Pepper

I had an interview the other day, outcome expected sometime this coming week.......

I had a call on the Monday and was in Birmingham on the Friday for an interview so here's hoping for both of us! I'm guessing you'll have been in on that day too? Only one day of interviewing apparently, there were four candidates but one cancelled and it sounds like a lot of drivers are needed.

LRV3004

I had a call on the Monday and was in Birmingham on the Friday for an interview so here's hoping for both of us! I'm guessing you'll have been in on that day too? Only one day of interviewing apparently, there were four candidates but one cancelled and it sounds like a lot of drivers are needed.
Yeah I was in on Friday - there were 3 being interviewed including myself! Only struggled with one question but gave my next best alternative answer. Otherwise I think it went well; just got to wait for news now! Good luck!

Robnw67

Right on my doorstep that. I’m not sure whether I would qualify as I’ve got no previous groundstaff experience and not done any psychometric tests.

I would pay for a test if they would consider me. I would really love that job. It would be ideal for me.
Can you pay for and take the tests indepenently? If so, it would be worth me doing this to see if I even stand a chance at becoming a driver. If not, I could concentrate my rfforts elsewhere.

TeaTrain

When you say you had a phone call can I ask if it was from a mobile? I did have a missed call which I kept trying to ring back with no luck. Would be a shame if that's all it took to miss out. Did you also receive an email update? I am probably reading into it too much lol.

If interviews have happened I am sure it's long gone. Good luck to everyone on the results! Hope it's good news all around.

LRV3004

When you say you had a phone call can I ask if it was from a mobile? I did have a missed call which I kept trying to ring back with no luck. Would be a shame if that's all it took to miss out. Did you also receive an email update? I am probably reading into it too much lol.

If interviews have happened I am sure it's long gone. Good luck to everyone on the results! Hope it's good news all around.
I got an e-mail confirming the venue, but that was only after I phoned the mobile number on a previous e-mail to ask for an update.

Dr. Pepper

It was a mobile. I didn't get the impression they were the type of people to not answer or try ringing you again. I applied in Nov 19, had no contact until that call.

TeaTrain

Thanks for the help everyone. I managed to get through to someone. They kind of interviewed/ asked me questions on the phone and said I was also what they were looking for. A bit of a spontaneous moment but it's good.

They explained it is a talent pool they are recruiting for and are waiting for the contracts to go through. It would be March April sort of time. They will contact me back shortly when the next round of interviews start. It's only because they had so many applications.

They are looking for many drivers btw. She explained its not a few.

LRV3004

Thanks for the help everyone. I managed to get through to someone. They kind of interviewed/ asked me questions on the phone and said I was also what they were looking for. A bit of a spontaneous moment but it's good.

They explained it is a talent pool they are recruiting for and are waiting for the contracts to go through. It would be March April sort of time. They will contact me back shortly when the next round of interviews start. It's only because they had so many applications.

They are looking for many drivers btw. She explained its not a few.
Interesting - during my interview I was told I wouldn't be sitting around in a talent pool for ages! However they did say they were waiting for the final details of the upcoming work to go through.

Dr. Pepper

Had I not heard anything yesterday, I was planning to ring them on Monday morning - might be worth doing that!
Yeah I was toying with that idea, can't hurt. I'd have thought the decision was made. Only three of us went so it can't be too much of an undertaking to notify three people.

LRV3004

Yeah I was toying with that idea, can't hurt. I'd have thought the decision was made. Only three of us went so it can't be too much of an undertaking to notify three people.
They could be selecting candidates to interview for future courses as well as informing those who have ha
Unless they're also selecting candidates for future interviews at the same time, possibly?

TeaTrain

That would be nice! You guys are way ahead of me on this one though! I am still confused about the TPE one and if they filled the quota why I am still going for my assessment?! I may give GB a call tomorrow and explain the situation. I am hoping honesty is the best policy here. With a bit of tact perhaps it can be a positive.

Dr. Pepper

@TeaTrain @LRV3004 I ended up having to get hold of them by email today. Then I had no particular yes or no, just please click this link and fill the form in. The form was for availability for a medical so I guess I passed the interview!! As it says on the form a job offer depends on the medical which I passed a version of for my current job so I'm feeling OK about it. Definitely would be great if we did all get on at the same time!

TeaTrain

Nice one Dr. Pepper! Can I ask what your currently do or if you had relevant groundsman experience?

Dr. Pepper

@TeaTrain Ground handling aircraft. Operating heavy machines and a lot of safety and security focus, operating ground crew features on the planes, dangerous goods training etc. It fit with the line of questioning.

LRV3004

That's brilliant news! Would have thought they'd have contacted you though! Still, getting that form to fill in is a huge indication! Sent mine in on Friday - just awaiting confirmation of medical now!

TeaTrain

Ah that is good experience to have. I am starting to think I may not stand a chance compared to others like yourselves. I'm not out yet though!

Status
Not open for further replies.