• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GBRF - Trainee Train Manager HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark1505

Hi
After some advice and help

GBRF are recruiting and the only thing at the moment is I don’t live within 60 minutes from the depot however I am willing to relocate.

Can someone with some knowledge give some examples of freight driving, Felixstowe or Southampton depot, diagrams route knowledge traction day to day driving etc

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

66701GBRF

These days Felixstowe men really only cover Felixstowe to Peterborough, Felixstowe to Wembley, Harwich to North Walsham. Most jobs are 11+ hours and most jobs have return trips...so you will take one from Felixstowe to Peterborough for example and then bring one back etc.

Mark1505

These days Felixstowe men really only cover Felixstowe to Peterborough, Felixstowe to Wembley, Harwich to North Walsham. Most jobs are 11+ hours and most jobs have return trips...so you will take one from Felixstowe to Peterborough for example and then bring one back etc.

Thank you for you reply

Are you based at Felixstowe?
Just wondering online states 6 months go to full pay I don’t know if I’ve misread the advertisement but is the full training only 6 months? I know for Lner our training is 12-15months

11+ hour shifts what’s the max hours you can work in a shift?

What’s the union like? Strong weak etc?
Do you have to shunt couple and load the load or will that be done ready for you to just collect and depart?

66701GBRF

Training is typically about 9 months including classroom work, handling and route learning. Once you are passed out it will be a further 6 months untill you are on 100% pay (used to stepped upto 3 years). 12 hours is the maximum shift time. Minimal shunting, coupling/uncoupling. Loco preps are your responsibility but is often done by the yard drivers....most of the time you just turn up and go. Some jobs require you to take the train onto the terminal and dispose of the loco, other jobs you get relieved by the yard driver who does all that. I won't go into the merits or issues with the union.

Status
Not open for further replies.